$249 for Fuel Circular saw w/9.0 battery and charger...good deal?

aabee

Hi everyone;

I recently purchased a Surge/Hammer drill fuel combo kit for $322, and don't have a circular saw (corded or cordless). I'm not planning on expanding my selection of cordless outside of fasteners and possibly a circular saw. Home Depot is currently running a promotion on both their Fuel circular saw and Sawzall where you get one of either and a fast charger and 9.0 battery for $249. I'm currently more of a DIYer/Habitat for Humanity volunteer at this point but figure I'll get a lot of longevity either going corded or cordless, especially with the 9.0 battery. I know some people recommend both a corded and cordless circular saw. Is this a deal worth picking up? All input is appreciated. Thanks!

• Like 1

This is actually an amazing deal if you're in the market for a circular saw. The saw itself sells for almost that much and you get a 9.0 battery out of the mix.  I've got the same saw and you can do an amazing amount of work with a 4.0 or 5.0 battery.  I can only imagine what a 9.0 will do.

• Like 3

It's a hell of a deal, you basically pay for the battery and charger and get a free saw. @justinkendall picked up the circular saw with that deal and has no regrets about it.

I actually didn't realize they were still doing this deal, I need to pick up both the circular saw and Sawzall.

ya smokin deal, you either getting a saw for almost free or a 9.0ah battery for almost free....at this rate even if you wanted a 9.0ah battery but not the saw buy it anyway sell the saw and get battery for cheap or the other way around

Don't forget about the rapid charger too.  That only sweetens the deal.  I've got almost every type of tool DeWalt offers but needed a circular saw.  Key word: needed; I've got the Fuel circular saw now thanks to this deal.  The Sawzall deal isn't quite as good ($229 bare tool circular saw versus $199 bare tool Sawzall) but still well worth the price.  It'll probably be the next tool I buy. 

18 hours ago, khariV said:

This is actually an amazing deal if you're in the market for a circular saw. The saw itself sells for almost that much and you get a 9.0 battery out of the mix.  I've got the same saw and you can do an amazing amount of work with a 4.0 or 5.0 battery.  I can only imagine what a 9.0 will do.

Not to mention a rapid charger also 

This battery alone almost makes this deal worth it. If you have a big SDS, Sawzall, grinder or Circular saw tis battery will help with runtime and performance of those tools. Plus, it comes with the rapid charger, which is an additional benefit.

FB82

• 1 month later...

I only have 1 9.0ah battery, aside from a few 4.0ah and 5.0ah  however I use the 9.0ah with all my M18 tools and each and every time it has not disappointed 

side note: when I'm using the 9.0ah battery with my fuel grinder it may as well be plugged in I don't even think about power it just grinds away.....

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:37 AM, Bremon said:

The 9.0 makes me wish I had more of them and fewer 2.0 and 5.0 lol. The extra weight really isn't bad and the runtime is notably improved. I only have 1 9.0 but will likely remedy that for my Fuel Sawzall at the very least. 

I agree with you there. The weight doesn't really bother me either. The only thing I use my 2.0 for is my flash light. Everything else I use is 4.0 and above. I'll take the added weight if the runtime is up, obviously.

FB82

On 5/24/2017 at 3:26 PM, Bremon said:

I use a 2.0 on the screwgun and cutout tool, maybe compact impact. Even those I'm fine with a 5.0 instead. I was excited to get compact packs at one point but the thrill is long gone haha. 

I still really like the 2.0 half packs on my surge impact, makes it more compact and lasts for long enough if i need to charge up by lunchtime, it's ready again afterwards. That or i grab my second 2.0, i really prefer it this way because it's noticeably lighter on my waist

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I still really like the 2.0 half packs on my surge impact, makes it more compact and lasts for long enough if i need to charge up by lunchtime, it's ready again afterwards. That or i grab my second 2.0, i really prefer it this way because it's noticeably lighter on my waist

I have 3 2.0 and 4 5.0 batteries in my box at work. My impacts only see 2.0 batteries to keep the weight down as we use them constantly and since I'm in a shop its no big deal to have a charger handy. The bigger batteries I use on my circular saw, sawzall. grinder, or drill. 

At home I have 1 2.0 and 2 4.0s.