Milwaukee ONE-KEY™ Location?

Kale

So I finally got me a Milwaukee one key hammer drill and I have been messing around with it for the last month but for some reason my most recent location is never where my drill is at the time for instance right now it is in my work truck in my driveway. But on the app it says it is 30 miles away on a Main Street I drive to work and it has said that for days now? Is it because I don't have a battery in it so it won't register? Or how does that work 

1 hour ago, Kale said:

So I finally got me a Milwaukee one key hammer drill and I have been messing around with it for the last month but for some reason my most recent location is never where my drill is at the time for instance right now it is in my work truck in my driveway. But on the app it says it is 30 miles away on a Main Street I drive to work and it has said that for days now? Is it because I don't have a battery in it so it won't register? Or how does that work 

Interesting. Haven't thought about whether it might require a battery to be hooked on. Anyone know if that's the case or will it still work without battery?

One-key is a good idea that was pushed to market before they got it working solely so Milwaukee could lay claim to being first. The tracking wasn't tested enough. It doesn't work most of the time in most cases. The reason it sells is because the big throbbing veiny red milwaukee marketing plan gets rammed in your every orifice. The whole thing is just a well choreographed scam. Milwaukee can go stick it where the sun don't shine. I reached out to Milwaukee and they asked me what problems I was having getting it to work and l told them the problem was on their end. They didn't even give a shit enough to respond. So yeah, they can sit and spin. Milwaukee makes some decent products, but I sincerely hope nobody is using the "tracking" as a reason to buy their crap.

• Like 2

From the tick thread:

On 1/5/2017 at 6:32 PM, justinkendall said:

We just tried it with me leaving, going to the store, and reporting my impact missing. Josh turned on his bluetooth and made sure location services were on. Nothing happened. After 5 minutes of it doing nothing I had him open the app. Still nothing happened. I waited a little longer then decided to come back past the house to see what happened when I was on Wi-Fi. Only then did it find my tool. I am pissed. The other day it must have worked because Josh was at our cousin's on her Wi-Fi network and I was at our mom's with Wi-Fi.

I'm going to email Milwaukee about this.

Yea I mean you figure by now since it has been out for so long that they would have it fixed or at least a little better but how can something be out for months and still running horribly... I love Milwaukee but I mean come on that's ridiculous 

2 hours ago, Kale said:

Yea I mean you figure by now since it has been out for so long that they would have it fixed or at least a little better but how can something be out for months and still running horribly... I love Milwaukee but I mean come on that's ridiculous 

I don't think it's a matter of software updates to fix tracking but more like hardware updates.