What will Makita come out with next?

Jronman

4 hours ago, CATERPILLAR said:

I wouldn't trust those batteries its not worth something burning down because the battery shorts out

Of course you wouldn't. That's why Makita and the other big brands get away with a 60% profit margin on what is essentially a few lithium cells spot welded together.

I've had enough batteries in pieces to realise there's just as much chance as a genuine battery failing as there is a knock off. 

8 hours ago, stductwork said:

Of course you wouldn't. That's why Makita and the other big brands get away with a 60% profit margin on what is essentially a few lithium cells spot welded together.

I've had enough batteries in pieces to realise there's just as much chance as a genuine battery failing as there is a knock off. 

I disagree but hey on eBay there are pretty good deals on genuine batteries.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

Consumables are were the money is.

If you really think 5x Lithium Ion 18650 cells and a small circuit board are worth $100, brother, I have got some land you may be interested in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol I don't buy 5ah I get to 4for 98 5ah yes are 100 by them selfs

11 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

Consumables are were the money is.

If you really think 5x Lithium Ion 18650 cells and a small circuit board are worth $100, brother, I have got some land you may be interested in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. 

Just for argument's sake, you buy a snide battery at half the cost of a genuine that's sold as a 5ah but turns out to be a 4ah, it's going to cost a damn lot less than a genuine 4ah. 

It's not really an argument I can see that isn't baseless in reality. Most knock off gear is just a replica of genuine and the Chinese are very good at it. All my batteries are genuine, would I write off copies? Not at all.

Infact I'm starting to see more and more people using copies over genuine in the field. A guy I've been working with the last few months uses copy makita and Milwaukee batteries and he said to me he's very unlikely to buy genuine again.

But my original point which has been overlooked which is if third party manufacturers can offer a higher capacity (granted on paper) battery for less money, the tool companies have to start producing either a higher capacity battery at more competitive price or they'll eventually lose out. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CATERPILLAR said:

I disagree but hey on eBay there are pretty good deals on genuine batteries.

Depends what you consider to be a good deal. Best deal I've ever had on batteries was 4xBL1840B batteries with a Makpac and inlay for a twin charger at £225, but by best deal I mean slightly better than getting mugged at knifepoint. Genuine batteries are overpriced no matter what 'deal' you think you're getting. 

1 hour ago, stductwork said:

Exactly. 

Just for argument's sake, you buy a snide battery at half the cost of a genuine that's sold as a 5ah but turns out to be a 4ah, it's going to cost a damn lot less than a genuine 4ah. 

It's not really an argument I can see that isn't baseless in reality. Most knock off gear is just a replica of genuine and the Chinese are very good at it. All my batteries are genuine, would I write off copies? Not at all.

Infact I'm starting to see more and more people using copies over genuine in the field. A guy I've been working with the last few months uses copy makita and Milwaukee batteries and he said to me he's very unlikely to buy genuine again.

But my original point which has been overlooked which is if third party manufacturers can offer a higher capacity (granted on paper) battery for less money, the tool companies have to start producing either a higher capacity battery at more competitive price or they'll eventually lose out. 

I won't ever buy non genuine for my lithium I just don't trust them for my older 14.4 v nicad yes but I don't use it to much but u get what u pay for in my opinion genuine battery I would trust vs Joe smo that u have no idea where it came from or how good they put it together 

52 minutes ago, kornomaniac said:

X2  10 inch mitre saw confirmed. And I believe it works like the kapex. The bars stay still and the head moves over the bar.

So it won't stick out in the back

Cordless 10 and 12 inch versions of these mitre saws also coming btw :)

I thought I had just made my up my mind on the 12" FlexVolt - apparently not! Do you have any kind of date for this?! 

Wow thats a lot of tempting new tools! Makita strikes back! :-)

Ive been wondering if Makita is going to introduce new high-draw cells for their packs just like Metabo did with their LiHDs or Bosch with Eneracer. Kornomaniac, you must be the only person who can cast some light on this do you have any clue?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Martin said:

Wow thats a lot of tempting new tools! Makita strikes back! :-)

Ive been wondering if Makita is going to introduce new high-draw cells for their packs just like Metabo did with their LiHDs or Bosch with Eneracer. Kornomaniac, you must be the only person who can cast some light on this do you have any clue?

No idea man :) my Makita rep let me take a peak in their email which contains the new tools for the next year. Really had to try and memorize all I saw. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, kornomaniac said:

Hey man :) nothing better then q1 2018. And these times always change :)

Ah ok! Not even this year then! FlexVolt it is! Is any of the stuff you mentioned coming this year?

you are a legend for letting us know!!

• Like 1