What will Makita come out with next?

Jronman

I'd like to see them come out with higher capacity batteries to compete with Milwaukee's high demand, and Dewalt's Flexvolt stuff.. I really like Makita's x2 system, and I think once they come out with larger batteries similar to the red and yellow ones being able to double those up will give Makita a bit of an edge. 

Excited to see some of the stuff mentioned in this thread so far!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, adamnichols said:

I'd like to see them come out with higher capacity batteries to compete with Milwaukee's high demand, and Dewalt's Flexvolt stuff.. I really like Makita's x2 system, and I think once they come out with larger batteries similar to the red and yellow ones being able to double those up will give Makita a bit of an edge. 

Doesn't Makita have 6.0 batteries out now? stick 2 of them puppies on an x2 tool and you'll get 36v power with 6.0 runtime. It'll beat M18 HD 9.0's and the Flexvolt 9.0/3.0's

• Like 1

Doesn't Makita have 6.0 batteries out now? stick 2 of them puppies on an x2 tool and you'll get 36v power with 6.0 runtime. It'll beat M18 HD 9.0's and the Flexvolt 9.0/3.0's

The 6.0ah they offer are 18650 battery cells that aren't the greatest at handling high demand/discharge loads at that ah.

Makita needs to go to 20700 battery cells like Metabo, Bosch, DeWalt have. I expect at the Milwaukee NPS event this year they will release new 20700 cell batteries.

1 hour ago, The.Handyman said:

The 6.0ah they offer are 18650 battery cells that aren't the greatest at handling high demand/discharge loads at that ah.

True for high demand 18v tools. Doesn't matter ( at this moment ) for the X2 brushless tools ( which are competing against flexvolt)

The X2 brushless tools do not draw enough amperage to discharge too much from the 2 batteries. The X2 tools don't really get hot, or quickly overheat. Far from it actually :)

So the lower discharge ratings of 18650 cells don't matter on X2 brushless tools. Not an issue currently ( never know what the future brings )

So Jronman is correct. An X2 brushless tool with 2 6.0 amp batteries will outdo flexvolt.

Brushes X2 tools like the old rotary or the old circular saw... That's something else :D but brushless X2 rotary is confirmed and coming. And we have the brushless rear handle saw out in America and making it's way to other parts of the world in the next 6 months :)

• Like 1

On 4/23/2017 at 5:13 PM, adamnichols said:

I chatted with them and no new news so far with new batteries

20 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

Can confirm  that the upcoming cordless mitre saw is a 10inch version :)

14 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

Sorry ! Had a new look at the picture of the upcoming plunge saw today and it's most definitely a X2 model. So 2 batteries :)

Any rough release date? I'd be very keen on both! Excited to see the rail design on the 10" slider!

We'll get the plunge saw in September in Belgium and there's a good chance the mitre saw will be there also. :)

The rails will be above each other . Vertically to the left side of the saw head. The top rail will have a handle you can turn to mitre? the saw :) like a kapex has

• Like 1

On 4/18/2017 at 7:40 AM, kornomaniac said:

Ow yeah !

16gauge brad nailer and construction nailer ( like dewalts ) are also coming :)

Thanks for the info.  By construction nailer do you mean a framing nailer?  I know they are called different things around the world.  If so do you know if it was plastic or paper colated and what degree?

Thank you

I do mean a framing nailer yes :) was trying to find the current English words :D

There's absolutely no info yet :) if Makita is Abit smart it'll take the same nails as their gas nailer. And those would be ( I think they are called ) clipped d-head nails on a paper strip ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

I do mean a framing nailer yes :) was trying to find the current English words :D

There's absolutely no info yet :) if Makita is Abit smart it'll take the same nails as their gas nailer. And those would be ( I think they are called ) clipped d-head nails on a paper strip ?

Thank you again, English can be really confusing, in America we call them framing nailers, I am pretty sure that people in England an Australia call them "first fix".

Hopefully they set it up to fire off set round head like the paslode or 21 degree full round heads.  Clipped head nails are a code fail in much of the US.

Hope this comes by fall or sooner.  Have a bunch of projects lined up that would be much easier if I dont have to bring out the compressor to remote locals. Hate to buy a Paslode if this is around the corner.  

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Bradm said:

Thank you again, English can be really confusing, in America we call them framing nailers, I am pretty sure that people in England an Australia call them "first fix".

Hopefully they set it up to fire off set round head like the paslode or 21 degree full round heads.  Clipped head nails are a code fail in much of the US.

Hope this comes by fall or sooner.  Have a bunch of projects lined up that would be much easier if I dont have to bring out the compressor to remote locals. Hate to buy a Paslode if this is around the corner.  

Thanks!

Pretty sure I remember the framing nailer to be Q1 2018. And things always take longer then first assumed so I would bet we won't see it before Q2 2018.    Sorry to disappoint :D

Are clipped head nails not legal in the us ? :D

• Like 1