What will Makita come out with next?

Jronman

4 hours ago, Jronman said:

Seen this today when checking Makita's website. an x2 robotic vac.

https://www.makitatools.com/products/details/DRC200PT

That's been around for a while. Great idea... its like a Roomba, but with industrial power. The only downside is that you need to swap out the batteries. All the other systems (of which there are many) recharge themselves and need little attention apart from emptying the collection bin.

As for whats next..Hard to tell... Anything that needs power... Car tools (jacks, compressors), boat tools, bicycle tools (washers, wrenches etc). The thing is that the battery system has become so good and so flexible that it can be used way beyond just tools... It could become the centre of a whole portable system...

I'd like to see one of these with a Makita battery: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ae/en/mobi-v-15-portable-bike-pressure-washer/rp-prod34761

1230485_120601215237_ELECTRIC_CAR_JACK_NEUX.jpg

DometicWaeco_Portable_Refrigerators_and_Freezers.jpg

download (1).png

2 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

Probably they'll slip to next year according to my Makita rep. 16gauge nailer is for this year. Brushless cordless plunge saw is for this year :)

*drool* Makita cordless plunge saw and I suppose it will be a x2 battery.

16 gauge nailer also sounds sexy. I wonder how it will compare with Dewalt's 16g nailer. That said, I have yet to see a tradie or a contractor rocking a Makita cordless nailer.

2 hours ago, muddychip said:

*drool* Makita cordless plunge saw and I suppose it will be a x2 battery.

16 gauge nailer also sounds sexy. I wonder how it will compare with Dewalt's 16g nailer. That said, I have yet to see a tradie or a contractor rocking a Makita cordless nailer.

it must be regional/local, because NOBODY around here uses Makita, nobody carries Makita in store, any local place is either Milwaukee or DeWalt, there are a few contractors i've seen with Hilti, but you would find a talking dog before you found a Makita tool onsite with a tradie here.  

The robovac has been floating around the internet for some time, it's cool but not sure how popular it would be even...

It's predominately Makita teal here in NZ unless you are a sparkie or plumber. I'm one of the odd chippies investing into Dewalt cordless tools. That said, Makita's cordless nail guns rarely see the light of day because Paslode is a far superior choice. But I am keen to see what they do with this upcoming 16g brad nailer.

Milwaukee is a growing choice with a lot of new apprentices in NZ because Placemakers (a popular supplier) phased out brands like Dewalt and mainly replaced them with Milwawukee M18 line.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2017 at 10:02 AM, kornomaniac said:

Probably they'll slip to next year according to my Makita rep. Brushless cordless plunge saw is for this year :)

Do you have a part number for the plunge saw yet?  Ive been looking for any information on it.

You'll not find info yet online i'm quite sure :)

Making naming should call it ( in EU atleast )  something like DSP18.....   .  Probably DSP180.

D since it's a battery tool.  SP because thats how their corded model is called. 18 Since it's an 18volt tool.  And it being mostly likety their first design should give us a  0 at the end. DSP180 is my guess :)

Mostly likely base it on the brushless 6.5 DHS680.  Giving it 55mm depths of cut just like their corded plunge saw.

I think Makita should really be looking at sorting out their batteries. I've seen cheap chinese knock off companies selling batteries that are higher capacity than what makita offer.

I've seen a slim CXT 2.5ah pack and I'm sure I saw a 3ah battery in a 2ah body.

On 31/03/2017 at 1:28 PM, kornomaniac said:

And you expect that these Chinese knock off brands have the same quality cells, and with thesame amperage discharge  as the more commonly used 2 or 2.5 amp cells used by most brands ?

I don't see why not, AvE had a knock off milwaukee and it out performed a genuine battery.

On 3/30/2017 at 4:50 PM, stductwork said:

I think Makita should really be looking at sorting out their batteries. I've seen cheap chinese knock off companies selling batteries that are higher capacity than what makita offer.

I've seen a slim CXT 2.5ah pack and I'm sure I saw a 3ah battery in a 2ah body.

I wouldn't trust those batteries its not worth something burning down because the battery shorts out

• Like 1