Unknown year

Indig

315 in the code stands for Diehl Mfg Co of New Jersey which was bought out by Ryobi of Japan, if it says "Made in USA" then it was prior to 1988 which that buyout happened...... hope that helps

Craftsman Sawmill Right?

Ok. So this item, from info I have gathered was manufactured the 205th day of 1983. It's new in the box. Is there any value to it? I have several vintage and antique tools. IF it has a value I want to keep it as is. What opinions can I get on this?

it isn't old enough regardless if it is new in a box or not to be worth much. what it is worth is you keeping it the way it is until someone wants to pay you a crazy amount of money someday...if it was Duncan Black or alonzo Decker's first drill from 1917 new in a box then your talking some cash....

at least hang tough until Sears is completely out of business it won't be long

I agree, when it comes to tools, value doesn't enter topic until a certain amount of time has passed. I have a few 1960's drills that are great, but not much value. I'm especially fond of a Souix drill that I refurbished. I felt it interesting to have found a circular saw more than 30 years old still new though

I doubt you'd get more than $40 for that on a good day. The really collectible stuff is certain old ratchets and certain old vises. Occasionally old industrial tools have high asking prices but I don't think they're trading high. I'd personally put a Diablo blade on it and use it...if you don't already have a saw any better than it. If it was even older then I'd replace an equal level saw with it but the 80s were where you started seeing a decline in build quality. Still, I'd rather use this $40 saw over a $40 modern saw.

Old handheld power tools seldom command any real money and I'm not sure plastic bodied saws ever will. There might be a few exceptions, but for the most part, there just wasn't anything special about them. 

It's a cool user or wall hanger, and there's probably people out there that would give $50 for that reason, but the collectibility is low. 

I appreciate the comments. And, have to say, I trust the opinions. I always find it kids cool though that this 30 + year power tool has never left the box. 

I love the difference in craftsmanship over the years. But appreciate most those whose hands had most involvement

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...