Cordless "worm" style....

Cr8ondt

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Design is the same but I know that mine has bright green travel bar, those are grey...older model maybe?

The colors can be fixed with a couple of cans of spray paint. Remember some folks thought I had a DeWALT trashcan with my DW735 planer, it was just a Behren metal can with Rustoleum yellow paint job.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 07/04/2017 at 1:40 PM, Bremon said:

That's ridiculous...so in exchange for your boot do you also lose 20v Max compatibility? Or is it the 996 situation with different battery style kits?

I have a 20v max dch293 over here in Australia, there is also another 54v rotary in Europe dch323, less impact joules, bpm and rpm. 

IMG_0478.PNG

IMG_0479.PNG

On 07/04/2017 at 10:46 AM, Hugh Jass said:

The hammerdrill is the same, there's a SDS coming out that is identical between both platforms with the same stats, I think the string trimmer might be a copy as well as the recip but not positive about that one. If it's not that's embarrassing. 

They are identical in look, but the specs slightly different. Joules, rpm, bpm are the same, but the 20v max is rated at max Dia 28mm and the 54v is max Dia 30mm. I'm 99%sure it doesn't have a rubber overmould as you say, it's just coated in a black/dark grey colour last time I checked on in store. I'll check again next time 

So 2mm and some rubber constitute an entirely different tool to you? Strip the casing and revert it back to 20v and it's the same tool. The 2mm likely comes from the larger amperage packs, throw a flexvolt on the 20v and it likely would have identical power to it's 60v counterpart. 

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

So 2mm and some rubber constitute an entirely different tool to you? Strip the casing and revert it back to 20v and it's the same tool. The 2mm likely comes from the larger amperage packs, throw a flexvolt on the 20v and it likely would have identical power to it's 60v counterpart. 

I'll have both soon and will be testing them against each other. I'll check one today but I'm sure it isn't rubber. It's also has the 2 flexvolt tabs, you would have to snap them off. So Can you can say for sure that the 20v max would likely have identical power to the 60v max if a FV packed was used ? 

1 hour ago, Makita_2233 said:

I'll have both soon and will be testing them against each other. I'll check one today but I'm sure it isn't rubber. It's also has the 2 flexvolt tabs, you would have to snap them off. So Can you can say for sure that the 20v max would likely have identical power to the 60v max if a FV packed was used ? 

in theory if the load was high enough the flexvolt should have more power and be more power efficient than the 20v max.

On 07/04/2017 at 1:32 PM, Hugh Jass said:

DCH-333 will be the 60v lipstick 293 for Flexvolt. Only difference is they gave the metal housing a rubber boot for the flex. 

I checked the 54v rotary today, definitely no 2mm rubber boot over the housing. It's just a different colour to the 20v max