New business name help

tugnut1

1 hour ago, BMack37 said:

In thinking that you'd need a logo too...the Great Lakes Woodworks sets you up for a fantastic logo.

+1 

You can't go wrong when you incorporate a broad geographic region like that into your name. 

I like the Great Lakes Woodworks myself. As dumb as it sounds, if you have your town name in the title people will unconsciously  think that you may not work in the their town. Also maybe use woodworks with an "x" in it. Great Lakes Woodworx. Just a few ideas. 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2017 at 11:46 PM, BMack37 said:

In thinking that you'd need a logo too...the Great Lakes Woodworks sets you up for a fantastic logo.

Great point.  Great Lakes Woodworks is the one I like best so far.  

• Like 1

@tugnut1 WoodNut seems like a great option. It includes wood in the name and includes part of your tia name. Not only is it a catchy name it could also imply your nuts for wood. People will associate WoodNut with something to do with wood and may be more likely to look into the company further to see what specific wood services/products you provide. 

Possible Slogans?

WoodNut

"Provding quality wood creations since 2017"

WoodNut

"No squirreling around here, quality wood creations inside"

Est. 2017

• Like 1

I have decided on Wood Nut Workshop as my "business" name.

I have messed around with a logo too in case I need one at some point.  Here is what I have.  Please give me any feedback or suggestions you may have.  I don't know how well it shows up, but the nut and bolt combo has a wood grain overlay.58f78ffb4ab19_woodnutlogofirstfinal.thumb.jpg.c22689aba033072df7ae6603a3b7b49a.jpg

• Like 5

When I started my business I went to a pro to make a logo for me, and he incorporated my name with a tool that I use. Maybe you could use the picture of the nut and bolt and use it for the "T" in woodnut or the bolts for the "O"'s. As stupid as it sound, a good logo will make you money. If you hand a nice business card to someone and Joe Blow down the street gives one that he printed on his Gateway computer, using Windows 95, 99 times out of 100 you will get the job. A professional look will get you far.

• Like 2

Cool, here's the wood nut you're looking for:

My friend in PA makes these:

004-e1471955134514.jpg

024.jpg

Check out the name!! I dig it!

Here's the website for more:

http://redrosereproductions.com/category/acer-ferrous-toolworks/

http://redrosereproductions.com/acer-ferrous-toolworks/

• Like 3

• 4 years later...