just browsing my favorite stores, I noticed flexvolt price reduction

HD

flexvolt kits , T1, 1 battery lowered from $299 to $249

this includes

DCG414T1

DCS388T1

DCS575T1

the mitre saw and table saw are also lowered at least bz $100

I assume the main reason is the competition !

Milwalkee has a similar new set with the new battery also priced at $249

so not a coincidence

cheers

• Like 1

Thanks @Jronman....I have too many 2/6.0 .flex .went a little nuts when that came out,,..that's a great price ..I like the 20v max 6ah better...I have a few of those....that's a good price on 5.0ah. I have way too many 5 ah ,, I love that battery...it's perfect... ,,ebay is a good place to find those..usually get a 2pack for 70-100$. just got more 3/9ah flex at acme think I paid 220 for 2 pack ,from some promo and discount...........that new 9.0 is damn amazing on a flex saw...

.               ...I hope Dewalt has a 12ah coming this year or finds a way to make batteries lighter with the same power....appreciate the info ,bro

• Like 1

I'm not anticipating 4000 mAh 20700 cells for a while; Bosch and Dewalt are just using 20700 cells in their high end batteries; are the Festool Airstreams? Milwaukee is still on 18650, as is Makita, and the last attempt Milwaukee made to leap frog the competition took a year and a half to hit the market. Moral of the story is I'm trying to enjoy having the latest and greatest with the 3.0/9.0 FlexVolt batteries and M18 HD9.0 lol. 

Initial rollout of FlexVolt showed off tools more powerful than Milwaukees offerings. Milwaukee responded with the 2720 and 2731 kits with 9.0 and Rapid charger for a great price. Bonus 9.0 included with mitre saw and SDS Max also helps market penetration of the 9.0. The new FlexVolt price drop puts a fast charger, tool, and 2 batteries in the hands of people for the same price as the Milwaukee deals. Now that FlexVolt OPE is shown off the M18 kits are having a second 9.0 tossed in. Consumers win for once ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bremon said:

I'm not anticipating 4000 mAh 20700 cells for a while; Bosch and Dewalt are just using 20700 cells in their high end batteries; are the Festool Airstreams? Milwaukee is still on 18650, as is Makita, and the last attempt Milwaukee made to leap frog the competition took a year and a half to hit the market. Moral of the story is I'm trying to enjoy having the latest and greatest with the 3.0/9.0 FlexVolt batteries and M18 HD9.0 lol. 

Metabo have 3500 mAh cells coming. The Festool Airstreams have Sony 18650 cells same as Makita 6.0Ah. Makita are rumoured to have a 9.0 Ah coming. One problem for Makita with 20700 cells is that they make the battery pack too wide to fit the 18V X2 tools.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2017 at 10:31 AM, Stercorarius said:

Anyone notice if there's any options that can get you an impact wrench as the free tool?

Sorry I am not aware of one, the latest promo is a little limited but works for me as I am looking to upgrade my big drill.

Well I jumped in was going to wait for the DCS570, but this deal was too tempting, ordered a DCS575T2 (need at least 2 batteries) and got a free DCD996, and the kit has is even cheaper on Amazon now ~$330

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk