Milwaukee 2763 low setting

Dano123

I picked up the fuel high torque impact 2763 and I helped a buddy do his brakes. According to the specs the low setting should be 100 ft lbs, but it feels like much less. We tried it putting his wheels back on and the lug nuts felt way too loose. My m18 brushed impact driver, which should be a little over 100 ft lbs, tightened them several turns further. It was a beast taking the lug nuts off though in high.

Anyone else have an issue with the low speed?

I regularly use mode 2 to remove lugs and mode 1 to snug them up again, then finish with a torque wrench. A quarter turn or less gets my Silverado lugs to 140 ft lb so I'm happy enough with mode 1. It's weak, and I'd prefer it was 200-250 ft lbs but oh well. 

Stated torque ratings depend on the thickness and thread pitch of the bolt. More surface area = more friction = resistant to the impact hammering. 

I know people around here don't care for him but real tool reviews has a video on youtube that addresses this question.  I have a 2763 and I would agree that mode 1 is pretty light and I personally don't use it very often.  I would like it better if it were like the 2762 which mode 1 is somewhere around 350ft/lbs if I remember right.

I use my air impact wrench on its lowest setting which sounds similar to the no. 1 on the Milwaukee impact. I really like it because for lug nuts, it tightens them on snug, then I always use a torque wrench to finish the job, that's pretty important thing to do... Don't want to overtighten the lug nuts

On 4/14/2017 at 9:04 PM, SetBuilder said:

Send it to me with a battery and charger for a month or two and I'll see if I agree :)

I like mode 1 on my 887 but I am in the minority. Its flaws are not enough for me to say its a bad mode. It has its place and has room to improve except it may not be for the average guy.

I like mode 1 on my 887 but I am in the minority. Its flaws are not enough for me to say its a bad mode. It has its place and has room to improve except it may not be for the average guy.

Precision is a great mode to have but the delay is unnecessary, you could have still kept the sequence the same but cut the delay out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Precision is a great mode to have but the delay is unnecessary, you could have still kept the sequence the same but cut the delay out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like a delay but it could be improved.

• Like 1