Who else has a tool problem?

Jordan1995

6 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Haha he's getting good practice referring to her as wife, good tactic really, it keeps the questions down if he said the word fiancee all the time, people would get annoying after awhile, asking all sorts of questions. 

It kind of sucks, you just get used to calling her your fiancee and boom now you got to learn to call her your wife. It is like writing the wrong year on checks for the first 2 months of the year...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Grumpy MSG said:

It kind of sucks, you just get used to calling her your fiancee and boom now you got to learn to call her your wife. It is like writing the wrong year on checks for the first 2 months of the year...

fiancee or wife not bad try wrong name.....that gets messy real fast....

• Like 2

I wouldn't consider amassing a healthy assortment of tools a "problem" per se.  :)  Having served in the Army for over 15 years, I've met a lot of people who spend their hard-earned cash to collect much more trivial things like watches, shoes, and tacti-cool gear (which is usually paired with customizing AR-15s or other weapons).  Quality tools are items that can always pay for themselves, should the need arise.  Home project?  Do it yourself and potentially save thousands.  Need a job?  Not saying that you'll make six figures, but many construction-type jobs are usually available and having your own tools isn't a bad thing.  For example, I bought the 20v Max screwgun last year when it came with a free collated attachment.  Around the same time I was buying buckets of Senco collated screws on clearance at Lowe's for $5 or so each.  Didn't necessarily need the screwdriver or the screws right then, but it all panned out when I had a drywall project a few weeks ago. 

Okay, maybe I'm just trying to justify spending thousands on professional grade tools when my primary work tool is an M4A1.  :)

• Like 3

I definitely have a problem, I've started realizing this:

Doesn't include a couple clamp meters or my non-Fluke DMMs:

2sf4rU8.jpg

These are just the 4" PH2s from my screwdriver sets(Except the Klein which is a single), I also have other screwdrivers from other makes...and this doesn't include three unopened Wera sets and a new Craftsman set I just bought:

qRVhlZJ.jpg

Knipex is also at 67 pieces 0779.png

• Like 5

On 4/8/2017 at 10:17 PM, Conductor562 said:

My biggest tool problems are finding the money to keep buying them and places to keep putting them.

my biggest problem is trying to find tools that aren't more than 200$ retail (I've been lucky lately though)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I might have a bit of a tool problem. 

I saw a really good special on a Makita TD170 ($190AUD delivered) and thought I'd buy it now and save to get a charger and battery later. 

Somehow by the end of the week I had placed orders for a Makita XFD11 drill and two 2.0ah batteries from the USA ($240AUD delivered), a Makita rapid charger ($90 delivered), a Makita 5.0ah battery ($130 delivered), and a Makita 18v vacuum ($90 delivered). 

Then, the following week I saw a special on a Dewalt DCS355 multitool that couldn't be ignored (35% off, $240AUD delivered with tstak and accessories), so that, two 2.0ah batteries ($65AUD each), and a DCB118 flexvolt charger after winning a bid on ebay ($110AUD delivered). 

I went from two battery platforms (Bosch 10.8v and Metabo 18v) to four in a fortnight. 

All of this was bought from eBay. There are some insane specials. If you look daily you won't miss them. Beware! 

• Like 1

eBay is how I started my original collection as the bare tools weren't available yet and didn't need more batteries, now I have so many batteries I don't know what to do with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-4-24 at 11:30 PM, BMack37 said:

I need a backup to every meter so right now I need another because the Fluke 12 doesn't have a backup ;)

I'm a sparks, I have plenty of meters, including back-ups, but not as many as you! Nice collection! 

• Like 1

No pics at the mo, but currently have three lithium sds drills, three lithium combi drills, two lithium impacts, plus some other bits. A pic would be easier, I'll have to gather them all together some time. Various brands and voltages, all have a purpose. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tug said:

I'm a sparks, I have plenty of meters, including back-ups, but not as many as you! Nice collection! 

The sad thing is I have a Milwaukee DMM, a couple cheapies, a Fluke clamp meter and a Klein clamp meter. To be honest, I rarely use anything other than the 87Vs. I have one of the 27/FMs on my work bench at work so if someone needs to borrow a DMM...it's soo big and the screen is pretty small so it's sort of a punishment(despite being a great meter!).

The sad thing is I have a Milwaukee DMM, a couple cheapies, a Fluke clamp meter and a Klein clamp meter. To be honest, I rarely use anything other than the 87Vs. I have one of the 27/FMs on my work bench at work so if someone needs to borrow a DMM...it's soo big and the screen is pretty small so it's sort of a punishment(despite being a great meter!).

I have purged my DMM collection.
Everything is gone except a Fluke 117, Fluke 17b+, Fluke 107, Fluke 323 and a Greenlee CM 410!

I got rid of the Klein I reviewed as the display was just too hard to read. I even emailed Klein and all they had to say was "not much we can do, that's how they are".

I have had Milwaukee, Triplitt, Klein, Fluke, Greenlee and I always go back to the Fluke. Maybe it's a personal bias. Maybe they make good meters.

I think I am gonna get an Amprobe next...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1