new DCN680 Brad nailer (at least in EU)

midogrumpy

Hi,

more news for you guys out there !

I can now speak of several new products

watch out for  different posts

NEW DCN680 brad nailer (EU), not sure if USA has same model number

Brushless XR 18 Gauge Brad Nailer

DCN680 Brushless XR 18 Gauge Brad Nailer has a compact, lightweight and ergonomic design that makes the tool easy and comfortable to use but durable enough for the work site environment. Mechanical rather than gas operation offers low running costs and consistent performance, even at low temperatures.

Fitted with a brushless motor that offers increased runtime and durability. Trigger and contact trip lock-off prevent accidental discharge of fastener. With tool free stall/jam clearance to minimise down time. The depth of drive can be easily adjusted using the thumb wheel depth adjuster.

Two modes of operation: Sequential mode allows for precision placement, Bump operating mode provides the user with production speed of up to 4 nails per second.

DCN680D2: 2x 18 Volt 2.0Ah
DCN680N: Bare Unit

Specification

Magazine Capacity: 110.
Fires: Nails: Length: 15-54mm. Diameter: 1.25mm.
Nailer Operating Mode: Bump & Sequential.
Magazine Angle: 20°.
Weight: 2.4kg.

DEWDCN680D2.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Jronman said:

hmm....

I only saw one product. I'm guessing you will make other threads on other products or post more in this thread?

The 18g stapler, flooring nailer and 15 gauge are expected monthly after the 18g comes out, and in that order. There's also the new concrete gun. 

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

The 18g stapler, flooring nailer and 15 gauge are expected monthly after the 18g comes out, and in that order. There's also the new concrete gun. 

also the wheel barrow, fan, track saw, and new bluetooth stuff. Possibly new dust collection to meet the september osha requirements.

I don't expect any of that soon aside from the track saw. 

For people who use glue guns every day, should they just replace a crappy one regularly, or hope for a higher quality solution while making use of a crappy one? Doesn't seem much less professional than a portable little fan; especially one with the low CFM of my M18. 

Man I'm happy to grow the family but the appearance of that lower strut is questionable, lol. Fits nothing else design wise I can think of from Dewalt. 

One thing I'll give them props for is not blocking the battery test like they did on the 660. Look forward to the reviews. 

Checking out eu websites..their kits come in tstak boxes..v and vi ..I don't buy kits so I'm wondering ,if USA kits come in tstak boxes or toughboxes ?

I have been hoping for Tstak boxes for some time now and keep getting let down. I really hope they start selling tools that way here in NA. The FlexVolt track saw is a prime example as well.

I really feel this nailer is going to let me down just like the 16ga did when comparing it to the XRP nailers. With that said, I still enjoy using the new 16ga, it's just not as powerful. This 18ga appears the same size as the 16ga. We will see when it's in our hands.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

Checking out eu websites..their kits come in tstak boxes..v and vi ..I don't buy kits so I'm wondering ,if USA kits come in tstak boxes or toughboxes ?

I think they either come in bags or blow mold cases. Not for sure though. If anything I wouldn't mind blow mold boxes getting replaced by tstaks. Ideally I would want them to come in a tough box but that is the least likely scenario.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2017 at 6:12 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Man I'm happy to grow the family but the appearance of that lower strut is questionable, lol. Fits nothing else design wise I can think of from Dewalt. 

One thing I'll give them props for is not blocking the battery test like they did on the 660. Look forward to the reviews. 

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fimages-na.ssl-images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F51s0tpQM5kL.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FPORTER-CABLE-PCC790LA-Lithium-Cordless-Battery%2Fdp%2FB017NJ6X7E&docid=XvaOHR-Hdh-4cM&tbnid=wERy6PzJ3W6SCM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjQx86-zp3TAhXrrFQKHVX4CrUQMwhAKAAwAA..i&w=500&h=500&client=ms-android-att-us&bih=568&biw=360&q=porter cable 20v brad nailer&ved=0ahUKEwjQx86-zp3TAhXrrFQKHVX4CrUQMwhAKAAwAA&iact=mrc&uact=8 

The strut looks quite similar albeit longer to DeWalt's sister brand.