Makita sawzall XRJ05

CATERPILLAR

[mention=54219]CATERPILLAR[/mention] Looks like a nice saw. does it have AVT? The speed selector looks nice and intuitive. almost like a drill direction selector.

To a point I've heard it's not the smoothest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Jronman said:

do you like anything about the DeWALT recip? haha

The FlexVolt? It's powerful enough that you can't really stall it. If you cut posts all day with it you don't need an adjustable shoe and still make use of most of your blade.

Other Dewalt recips; 4 way blade positioning.

If you have a loose tooth you can use them to knock it out. Other than that there's not really anything to like. Corded if you're buying anything other than a Milwaukee or Makita AVT you're crazy. Cordless there are clearly multiple superior options, one of which is in this thread lol. 

• Like 2

The FlexVolt? It's powerful enough that you can't really stall it. If you cut posts all day with it you don't need an adjustable shoe and still make use of most of your blade.

If you have a loose tooth you can use them to knock it out. Other than that there's not really anything to like. Corded if you're buying anything other than a Milwaukee or Makita AVT you're crazy. Cordless there are clearly multiple superior options, one of which is in this thread lol. 

Gotta be the x2 makita

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bremon said:

I agree milwaukee and makita make the best corded sawzalls hands Down

1 hour ago, stductwork said:

It's a tool I've put off for a long time because I don't use them enough to warrant buying another (already have 3) but there seems to be a lot of push from manufacturers to develop better recip saws. 

What prompted you to buy the 18BL over the 36?

Battery life I believe just my theory this is more fuel efficient one battery dead throw it on charger put other battery on work and probably by time u run out if u do then other will be done and plus 2x the batteries to charge isn't a option its more of a pain

4 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

Toolaholic and toolpig in Instagram mentioned that the Makita vibrates Alot in the air, but inside the cut it's very good with anti vibe.

It's like putting an umbrella up indoors and considering how well it works in my opinion.

• Like 1