Tree trimming sawzall

WeldfabNeil

I've been known to use one of my Hackzalls to lightly prune out a bank fishing spot in the past, but anything that would require my Fuel Sawzall, I'll just fire up one of my Husqvarnas. As of late, I just don't get enough 2-stroke in my life.

• Like 2

Just now, CATERPILLAR said:

How good are they I am thinking about getting some I use Milwaukee the axe and they are outstanding blades for cutting

Great for branches and quite good on treated lumber, don't go all aggressive demo mode with em and you can get some good life outta em.

• Like 1

Just now, CATERPILLAR said:

I have been thinking of getting the Milwaukee ones what ones you got ?

Right now a couple Bosch ones, I've used other brands with good results too, I don't get em very often as I seem to get em to last quite well.  I'm not too picky which brand I get generally my criteria is availability and price.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cr8ondt said:

Right now a couple Bosch ones, I've used other brands with good results too, I don't get em very often as I seem to get em to last quite well.  I'm not too picky which brand I get generally my criteria is availability and price.

Where u get the bosch Lowes ?

42 minutes ago, CATERPILLAR said:

I have been thinking of getting the Milwaukee ones what ones you got ?

I picked up a set of Milwaukee pruning and they work great. Used it to cut a coniferous tree.... during sunset. Was dark by the time I cleaned up the branches. May have been a pine or spruce. Not a hard wood by any means but it cut well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Supposedly, the diablo pruning blades are a very worthy contender .... if i had need of them, maybe this summer i'll rent a lift and prune some dead stuff out of my maple trees. 

I considered a Diablo pruning but it was alot more expensive than the Milwaukee pruning.

28 minutes ago, Jronman said:

pruning blade vs ax blade?

To be honest I've never used an ax, I don't have the convenience of a HD near by, so my blade buys are grab and go at Lowe's or Menards, but comparing a standard demo blade to a pruning is night and day, there's a reason companies make pruners.

6 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Night and day, pruning is like a hot knife through butter the ax blade will take five to ten times longer. At least on live branches.

^This^

Even a cheap pruner will outperform the best demo blade on live trees.

• Like 1