Opinions on Genuine Makita batteries

CATERPILLAR

I have quite a strong opinion on this topic. Have argued on here with several people in the past about this so I though what is yalls opinions. I without any doubt will always buy genuine makita batteries . I trust the genuine batteries I know what quality and such they are , but knock offs who knows what came from where or if its put together correctly and so on. I have heard a couple different cases of knock off batteries starting on fire . is saving 40 or so bucks really worth your house and tools or shed and tools burning down because u saved a couple bucks for me no . I won't buy knock offs 

• Like 1

why would this need to even be an argument? the only thing I would be concerned with is that if I bought genuine batteries that they are in fact genuine batteries....who cares what others think especially if they are willing to argue over it.....

• Like 4

Video is based on a Milwaukee Battery but if it's a knock off we're talking about it doesn't really matter what brand they've knocked off.

I've spoken to you in other threads before now I know in regard to real v knock off batteries. I've heard all the arguments for, all against, I use all legitimate batteries, I know people who use all knock off batteries.

In reality? Pointless argument. If it works for you and you're saying money, go for it. If you're rather pay more and feel you're getting something more justifiable, go for it.

• Like 2

why would this need to even be an argument? the only thing I would be concerned with is that if I bought genuine batteries that they are in fact genuine batteries....who cares what others think especially if they are willing to argue over it.....

Ya to each your own, just don't put junk packs on my tools oh wait good luck touching my tools ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard stories of non-OEM batteries melting but haven't actually seen much evidence either way.

I think it's clear the quality isn't anywhere near as good but I would be interested in reading about someone who's used these knock-off batteries for an extended period of time and get their feedback.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I've heard stories of non-OEM batteries melting but haven't actually seen much evidence either way.

I think it's clear the quality isn't anywhere near as good but I would be interested in reading about someone who's used these knock-off batteries for an extended period of time and get their feedback.

The electronics inside are always questionable, its a gamble to whether they are up to Makita standards or not

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
3 hours ago, cliu said:

I just got a pair of knock offs. I haven't used them much yet, but so far they seem to work just fine. I have a knock off Ryobi battery and that one has worked well for about 6 months now.

You have any powerfull high drain tools to try them in ? ( And compare )

50 minutes ago, kornomaniac said:

I just got the 2 battery reciprocating saw and I intended to get the rear handle circular saw but it was sold out. Both are on sale right now, you get the tool, 4 5ah batteries, a 2 battery charger and a bag for about $250. I also ordered the 1 battery rotary hammer, but it has yet to arrive. I plan to try the knock offs out on those tools, but I am pretty busy with work and family obligations right now. I am hoping to be able to test out the tools and batteries this weekend.

• Thanks 1

I have a knockoff 2ah Dewalt. It works great for my drill, die grinder, OMT, and string trimmer, but not the jobsite blower. When I fully pull the trigger it will work for half a second then cut out. 

Other than that it's quite a good battery. It also lasts longer than the genuine 2ah batteries I have. 

I wouldn't buy one again though.  

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2018 at 1:32 PM, kornomaniac said:

I finally found some time to test out the batteries. I used one to drill (6) 1/2" holes 4" deep with the rotary hammer and the battery went down one notch. I then used that and another one like it in my rear handle circular saw and made close to a dozen cuts. After all was said and done, one battery was still full and the other one at 3 of 4. So far I am happy with them, but still I would only get them if the genuine ones were not on sale.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Yea just different dyes, kraft has yellow #5 and the off brand has nuclear yellow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All yellow American and cheddar type cheese is dyed. It is naturally white. Annato food coloring (I think that is #5) is even used in butter in the winter when cows are eating hay instead of grass.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk