Pole Hedge Trimmer

Back when I owned a tree svc I had an extended reach echo hedge trimmer. Of course I modified it to accept fiberglass pole extensions so I could get more reach with it. I would just lock the trigger with a zip tie. 

Now I have a neighbor that has crap growing over my fence, so I'll probably just pick up a cheap electric one on CL, attach it to a pole and lock the trigger. 

When I did tree work we rarely worked off ladders, when ever you reach from a ladder bad things happen. 

http://www.wesspur.com/pole-tools/poles.html

images.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Ryobi 40v string trimmer which was attachment capable and I got the hedge trimmer attachment for it. I would say that it was well worth it for me. My house at the time had many bushes that were both high and deep and that trimmer made the work much easier and safer. If you have such bushes I would say to go for it. If I was you though, I would get an attachment capable string trimmer (assuming you don't already own one) and get a hedge trimmer attachment.