Tactix modular storage system (Australia)

D W

I usually avoid Bunnings but their Tactix structural foam modular storage system is quite good. It is ~3mm thick so perhaps they fall between Tstak and Tough boxes in both strength and weight.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/tactix-modular-2-drawer-tool-chest_p6120422

Anyone else using them?

It's hard to find Tough boxes, L-boxx-s and Tstak's where I live. I really would have preferred a completely Tstak drawer setup but I cannot get them locally. 

I have a trolley, three small, one large and two drawer boxes.

• Like 1

@D W Most things if they aren't found in store can be found online. Tough System, L-boxxes, and Tstaks are available from many places online. I've never heard of Tactix. They look like a good box. The box with the lid and the 2 drawers looks nice. It's like a ds130 and a ds250 were combined. Looks similarly priced to Tough System. The cart is priced lower than the tough system. Must be a fairly new company. The website is in coming soon stage.

I believe Tactix is just one of the house brands for Bunnings.

The drawer boxes are great. I still can't decide whether to use one for a drill/impact/bits setup or spanners/sockets setup. I've managed to make an all-purpose toolbox out of one of them. They really fit a lot in them.

The orange clips to connect the boxes together are very weak (I would say worse than the Dewalt boxes). I have seen a couple in store with broken clips already. Also, the drawer boxes cannot be clipped onto boxes below. I guess they are meant to be at the bottom of the stack. They do however stack neatly at any level, so clipping isn't really necessary.

I'll get some photos tonight.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2017 at 6:26 PM, D W said:

I believe Tactix is just one of the house brands for Bunnings.

The drawer boxes are great. I still can't decide whether to use one for a drill/impact/bits setup or spanners/sockets setup. I've managed to make an all-purpose toolbox out of one of them. They really fit a lot in them.

The orange clips to connect the boxes together are very weak (I would say worse than the Dewalt boxes). I have seen a couple in store with broken clips already. Also, the drawer boxes cannot be clipped onto boxes below. I guess they are meant to be at the bottom of the stack. They do however stack neatly at any level, so clipping isn't really necessary.

I'll get some photos tonight.

If the clips are bad I would stick to bits and such and stay away from spanners

• Like 1

The small box has removable dividers and 6 organiser boxes each. The large box has 2 removable tool caddies. Drawers also have removable dividers. 

The drawer box and large box both have a metal hook on the rear to hook onto the trolley. 

IMG_20170514_114823.jpg

IMG_20170514_115722.jpg

IMG_20170514_115826.jpg

• 2 years later...