Milwaukee M18 (0882-20) Cordless Compact Vacuum

mike2874

Has anyone tried the Milwaukee 0882-20 Compact Vacuum for using around/in the house for minor messes... also maybe for vacuuming the car? Was thinking about this or Milwaukee's M12 0850-20 Compact Vacuum to use to replace my wife's Black & Decker vacuum that no longer works. Her B&D is the upright kind that hangs on the wall plugged into a charger and I'm assuming the batteries are just shot which aren't replaceable. She would use it to clean up small messes, dog hair, etc. and was thinking one of the Milwaukee's might be a good replacement since they both come with extension wands.

I'm into the M12 system but not the M18 although thought maybe I could pickup a M18 charger & battery on eBay or something. Guess I should mention I'm also into Dewalt 20v Max platform but don't see the DEWALT DC515B 18-Volt Cordless 1/2 Gallon Wet/Dry Portable Vacuum as having extension wands.

There's a lot of reviews on the M12 but not many with the newer M18 compact vacuum. The M12 may or may not have enough suction for my needs but it does sound like the M18 might. Not having seen either in person I wonder if the M18's size & weight would be a little intimidating or if it's pro's would greatly outweigh those cons?

Mike

Not the greatest vacuum, it's good for spots but wouldn't fare well as a dust buster, finer particles clog it rather quickly causing suction loss, it's great for a quick clean up but that's about it, you'd be better with the newer m18 tea kettle vac or the ryobi evercharge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd get the new m18 in a heartbeat! They say it's quieter than the lunchbox vac, but just as powerful, so I've been looking for deals on it. Only thing is, I like the hose and accessory storage on my m18 box vac, so that's one downside to the new tea pot vac, nowhere to store things

I had long considered the m18 lunchbox vac but could never pull the trigger. Guess I was waiting for Milwaukee to release a newer version that had an AC cord (like DEWALT DCV581H) but by now that's not going to happen. Also not having seen one in person it looked rather large in pictures/videos. I agree having accessory storage with the m18 box vac has to be pretty handy whereas the new tea pot vac doesn't... always trade offs it seems.

The box vac is listed at 45 CU ft per min while the tea pot vac 40 CU ft per min so pretty close maybe where you wouldn't notice a difference.

I can't find any deals on the tea pot vac either but maybe when Father's Day gets closer.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2017 at 1:19 PM, khariV said:

This. The teakettle is the 882. 

I've got the lunchbox vac and its deafeningly loud. 

On 4/28/2017 at 1:33 PM, Bremon said:

I have the M18 lunchbox. I like it, but the noise is absolutely ridiculous. 

Agreed.. it does a great job, no complaints, plus it doubles as a bit of a "toolbox" when i'm bringing in items outside my usual main tool box that i take inside.... I do wonder if there is a muffler/filter on the outlet i could get/make...?? 

On 4/27/2017 at 11:00 AM, mike2874 said:

I had long considered the m18 lunchbox vac but could never pull the trigger. Guess I was waiting for Milwaukee to release a newer version that had an AC cord (like DEWALT DCV581H) but by now that's not going to happen. Also not having seen one in person it looked rather large in pictures/videos. I agree having accessory storage with the m18 box vac has to be pretty handy whereas the new tea pot vac doesn't... always trade offs it seems.

The box vac is listed at 45 CU ft per min while the tea pot vac 40 CU ft per min so pretty close maybe where you wouldn't notice a difference.

I can't find any deals on the tea pot vac either but maybe when Father's Day gets closer.

Love the idea of ac power capabilities. and i'll keep the father's day thing in mind as well...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Woz said:

I have the 18v tea kettle. Great for replacing the dust buster. Not the greatest for cleaning cars but it does ok. Definitely great for cleaing wood stairs or the garage  or anything else around the house. 

Disappointed to hear it doesn't work well cleaning cars was hoping for an all-in-one solution around the house.

Just begs the question if any of these cordless vacs do well for cleaning out cars?

The shop vac is next to the Milwaukee so i use that every time. It works great for everything else tho. Just takes to long to clean the car way easier just to grab the shop vac. Itll def be great for trips when you dont have readily access to vacuum. 

I was totally wrong about the kettle. Tried it again on the car today had the dog in it an was a little dirty not crazy. I think because i didn't use the small nozzle attachment last time. This little thing kicked some ass in the car. Definitely great for around the house in place of the other hand helds. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...