Work light

snohiker

Can't agree with more. Milwaukee and Rigid is killing dewalt when it comes to Work lights (2000-3000 lumes). Me myself like to only use one platform.  No need for several different chargers. Also being able to use any battery in any tool.

Come on Team Dewalt

11 hours ago, snohiker said:

Yea but it's huge and need a loan to buy it

11 hours ago, snohiker said:

Yea but it's huge and need a loan to buy it

I'm with you @77Ford,,.it really doesn't seem that hard to figure out what attracts people to your brand and how to keep them......Dewalt sure does loose a lot of customers by not expanding their existing lines....thing is we would be loyal if they had all the tools we needed.........c'mon....lighting.?? Dewalt can't  make some decent lights to choose from ? Instead of helping ..NASA with their "rocket " program........

• Like 1

Dewalt's lighting is really pathetic. Big part of why I'm still keeping a decent arsenal of red; nobody can touch them. Foolish to stick with one platform though. I'm liking the small trend of hybrid tools that can be ran off battery or extension cords. It's the first step in manufacturers opening up their walled-in ecosystems the tiniest bit. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Dewalt's lighting is really pathetic. Big part of why I'm still keeping a decent arsenal of red; nobody can touch them. Foolish to stick with one platform though. I'm liking the small trend of hybrid tools that can be ran off battery or extension cords. It's the first step in manufacturers opening up their walled-in ecosystems the tiniest bit. 

Compared to Milwaukee's lighting options, Dewalt may be lacking, but overall I'm not completely disappointed by the latter's lights.  If anything, I'd say that DeWalt needs more (affordably priced) area lights--particularly something like the OP wants.  Their little 12v Max pivoting head light is outstanding for close-up work and the 20v version is probably as good if not better.  The DCL050 worked well when I was working in a house without power a few weeks ago, and the DCL043 is perfect for when we start each cycle's FTX, not to mention CQ duties.  The red lens emulates the trainees' l-shaped flashlights (albeit about 100x brighter) while the white lens lets me scan for wild boar, snakes, and coyotes (and wake up sleepy Privates).  A bit unconventional for a work light, but it suits me.  Meanwhile, the standard DCL040 is at least as good as any other basic cordless light I've used.  I will say that the DCL060 puts out a fair amount of light, but that it is very limited in flexibility. 

DeWalt seems to want to appease everyone while neglecting those tool users who want a broad variety in only one or two battery systems.  As it stands, DeWalt currently manufactures 8v, 12v Max, 18v, 20v, 40v, and Flexvolt (60v/120v) tools (not to mention still showing 12v and 14.4v batteries and accessories on its website).  For the most part, each has a different targeted use and I like how DeWalt has gone out of its way to make certain items cross-compatible (radios and chargers that can be used with 12v Max / 20v Max batteries; Flexvolt batteries being usable in 20v Max tools).  Even so, some of us rightfully gripe about the 12v max platform being neglected compared to other manufacturers' 10.8v tool systems, or about how Flexvolt effectively forces 20v Max users to buy into another battery system for a full-sized circular saw.

Anyway, I agree it is foolish to stick with only one platform.  Besides 12v max and 20v Max, I have a few M18 Fuel tools, as well as other platforms such as DeWalt 8v, Hitachi 18v and 12v Peak, Kobalt 20v, and Porter Cable 18v.  Whether DeWalt released more lights or not, I'm tempted to add the Milwaukee stand light to my collection.  It would have been great a few weeks ago, despite the DCL050 being more than adequate.

• Like 4

On 4/29/2017 at 7:41 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

So you mentioned the ridgid tripod for its lights. Do you think you'll just get the ridgid lights then in that case?

No I need something that runs on the dewalt batteries seeming that's what I'm set up for 

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2017 at 8:37 AM, Bremon said:

I can see the argument for having more than one battery platform, but I don't think it's foolish to stick with one.

I have limited space in my truck.  By only having one battery platform, I can get by with one charger and several batteries.  If I add a battery platform, that will ad another charger and more batteries.  That's room I could use for something else.

I like everything using the same battery.  I will admit, it looks like I need to add a platform.  I'm tired of waiting for DeWalt to come out with some lights.  

• Like 1

they say flexvolt is a new platform in a way that is true but you can use the same charger and same batteries on 20v or flexvolt tools.

Probably the best 2 battery platforms to have if you dont want to carry around extra batteries or chargers. 

22 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

This is the very reason I have this:

215ec80e-d199-4ccb-94f7-1d556ec43844.jpg

Yea, i like how i can just pop mine onto 2x material... Crawlspace, attic, new build, etc.. 

I really like our Radius lights, too, but these ryobi and cheap and simple.

1 hour ago, Framer joe said:

Alright @ChrisK you made look it up...near perfection for reviews..that is handy, wish Dewalt would copy that or any other light system.....love Bosch,just not enough tools here,there all in Europe..

Yeah, I a man down to the FL12, the 12v rotary tool (absolutely blows the Milwaukee out of the water, I had the M12 one for years but this is absolutely awesome) and the 12v vac plus a couple of 12v jackets. The vac is okay, I use it to pick up the small amount of dust around my Kapex.

15 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

I remember my boss using a 36v line of Bosch ? I think but heavy.....love 12v stuff just not in any platform for it,,,damn Dewalt 

Ha, amen to that! Yeah Bosch had (s?) 36v. I got rid of all of my 18v stuff. Great tools but like you said, availability was not there.