Spring Weather Anyone?....

comp56

no damage, actually not much snow but about 1" 1/2" of ice build up......then a dusting of snow on top......power was dropped in a few places but not me....tomorrow all going to melt as they call for almost 65 degrees

I always worry about snow and even more ice this time of year as the trees seem to be prone to damage so dont need the extra weight hanging on them.

We have had 80s already in Iowa which is nuts but dropping down into the mid 30s the last few days.

Does not know what it wants to do.

80 here now, which is about 40 degrees warmer than some days were earlier in the week. Wife's off, so I called it a day early. We're going to go hike the mountain out back, get some exercise, try out my new personal safety device and look for antlers.

Ha! I took this Monday...Sunny and 55 at about 600 am....

New Castle overlooking that Atlantic and Portsmouth light. If you look off to the right is the Isles of Shoals, ten miles out.

Today is was in the eighties and beautiful.

IMG_0091.JPG

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Ha! I took this Monday...Sunny and 55 at about 600 am....

New Castle overlooking that Atlantic and Portsmouth light. If you look off to the right is the Isles of Shoals, ten miles out.

Today is was in the eighties and beautiful.

IMG_0091.JPG

Gorgeous view !

very postcard !!

• Like 2

We had some wild weather for awhile. 70's one day, 30's the next. 

Taday we got a good rain in the AM, then it hit 91 at noon and the humidity was breathtaking. West Virginia is very seasonal. We get cold northern winters and hot southern summers.

We don't get much of a spring anymore, but there's nothing like a WV Fall. Mild and beautiful. Makes all the other bullshit worth putting up with. 

• Like 1

ya before we had 4 seasons, it was warm during the spring hot during summer warm again during fall and ice $%^&^% cold in the winter....now it is like one season and you flip a coin each day, some times you get lucky and have more than one season in a day......perfect day for me is partly cloudy, 75° with a slight breeze. our house is about 2 blocks away from the shore of lake Superior, the farther inland you go the hotter it gets but the trade off is flies. probably 95% of the summer we can sit on our deck night or day and enjoy the outside with no flies..... go visit a buddy that live about a mile away from the lake and in about 20 minutes in the evening you will get eaten

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2017 at 6:45 AM, comp56 said:

ya before we had 4 seasons, it was warm during the spring hot during summer warm again during fall and ice $%^&^% cold in the winter....now it is like one season and you flip a coin each day, some times you get lucky and have more than one season in a day......perfect day for me is partly cloudy, 75° with a slight breeze. our house is about 2 blocks away from the shore of lake Superior, the farther inland you go the hotter it gets but the trade off is flies. probably 95% of the summer we can sit on our deck night or day and enjoy the outside with no flies..... go visit a buddy that live about a mile away from the lake and in about 20 minutes in the evening you will get eaten

thats like chicago weather, Ice at 6 am, tornado by noon, blizzard by midnight