Anyone else into Woodpeckers "one time" tools?

rrmccabe

I dont know what it is about the Woodpeckers one time tools they produce but half of them seem to be things I MUST have.

I just hate waiting months for them to build and ship.

My latest came today. Cant wait to use them :)

20170428_150249.jpg

20170428_150307.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

Don't like them or just haven't used them as much as you thought you would?

I had the radius set but gave them to my brother, as I am working on getting a CNC router just waiting for our crappy Canadian dollar to find some strength so I can order it. I am designing the vacuum table for it as we speak.  

• Like 1

Chris, what was their last triangle?

The first one time tool I bought was the 18" which is perfect for squaring the MFT and locating rail when crosscutting plywood.

It looks like yours on the wall but hard to tell the scale of things so now sure how big the one is on your picture.

Tony, looking forward to you getting your CNC !

1 hour ago, rrmccabe said:

Chris, what was their last triangle?

The first one time tool I bought was the 18" which is perfect for squaring the MFT and locating rail when crosscutting plywood.

It looks like yours on the wall but hard to tell the scale of things so now sure how big the one is on your picture.

Tony, looking forward to you getting your CNC !

Yeah I think it came in last year, it was a reissued one time tool.

Yea "one time" is deceiving because they bring stuff back. This corner jig is second time around.

If their stuff was not so expensive I would probably buy all of it.  Cant dispute the quality but some of its just not worth the price.

• Like 1

I agree with the general sentiment in here. The Canadian dollar sucks, and this stuff is gorgeous. I try to be somewhat responsible with my tool budget so unfortunately that means I've not bought any of these despite being extremely close to pulling the trigger on a tool or two before. 

Yea I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger though there is no debate about getting quality stuff from them, and that anodized red screams sex and Ferrari's. To me there's too many variables in precision work to justify it. For instance if I cut the lead of my pencil off center and strike a line across the Woodpecker square without maintaining the angle of contact and use a perfectly sharpened pencil and strike a line across a HD junk square, I'll get more accuracy out of the HD square. 

I never work to such levels of accuracy anyhow but just trying to make a point that even if a square is mathematically perfect chances are you won't be using a scribe set inside of a jig to keep the angle of your point perfect anyhow to actually gain the precision. 

There has been a couple of times where I went in their site and put a bunch of things in the cart went to checkout and once the items were totaled, I just closed the page.

Maybe some day, but with the work I do I really don't think that kind of precision would come into play too often.

On 4/30/2017 at 5:33 PM, SetBuilder said:

There has been a couple of times where I went in their site and put a bunch of things in the cart went to checkout and once the items were totaled, I just closed the page.

Maybe some day, but with the work I do I really don't think that kind of precision would come into play too often.

That happens to me all the time. My thirst for tools often exceeds my budget. Sometimes drastically ?

LOL, Happened two days ago at the Lie Nielsen site with me.  The individual prices were not that bad but I think their cart is broke and totaling wrong !

I did get 3 things ordered including a screwdriver but the spoke shave and sharpening jig is going to have to wait.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, khariV said:

I need to line up all of my woodpeckers stuff and take a family photo, though I suspect that if I did that, I'd realize just how much I've spent on it all and be horrified.

Yeah... I still think you should do it. We would all like to see what you have spent your hard earned money on! :?

• 1 month later...