DCH293 1 1/8in SDS Plus

Hugh Jass

5 hours ago, Framer joe said:

@JimboS1ice...Dewalt only has 2platforms....20v and 60v...there is no 12v...and they still honor the 18v line.......Milwaukee,Makita,Rigid Bosch...have 12v and 18v.......Dewalts 20v line has most of everything you need  .....so it's easy...guys/gals can buy into 20v max and have most of the  tools they will ever need and powerful enough to do most jobs...especially with the new 20v max XR circ.....BUT....if you NEED more POWA.....

............GO Flexvolt and ",,,?Feel The Power Of The Force Luke Skywalker."....join the millions of framers,Remodelers,construction sites,extreme DIY guys, who want the Most Powerful Kick Ass Cordless Tools Around!!!!!!!!' (except the sawzalll) lol...

Feel the force,stay away from the Dark Side (red/teal) ...kidding !!'!!!!!!!!

Dewalt do their 10.8 volt range, not used it myself though. 

I still haven't had the opportunity to test the SDS more guys sorry, wrapping up two large projects that are in the finish stage. I did run about 15 tapcons with the 5/32" bits. This thing will sink that 6.5" Makita drill bit (bought a box on Amazon for dirt cheap) in roughly 3-4 seconds in old hard concrete. The thing is a monster guys. I gave it to my partner to run a few himself and he was thoroughly impressed from a short test too, I didn't even mention how fast I thought it was and it was the first thing he said after drilling a few holes so there's another subjective account. 

Bad. Ass. 

So far it's what I would expect from a high energy tool. I'll need more testing to be sure, but even if it's not the best in runtime to swap a battery is easy as long as it's doing all the work. 

I'm a proponent of more power in sacrifice of runtime in certain tools. Many disagree, but it depends on the tool as well. For anyone who has flexvolt 9ah to drop on this thing would be very satisfied I think (I only have 5's right now). I'm sure there'd be a performance boost from the bigger batteries with updated cells over the 5ah as well.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Turner85 said:

Is this a stateside model only? Doesnt seem to be available in Europe 

I believe that Europe will get the newest iteration of the flexvolt in the same form factor and stats, 1 1/8in, same impact and RPM. Don't ask me why they've done this, I have no idea. 

Model DCH333. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I believe that Europe will get the newest iteration of the flexvolt in the same form factor and stats, 1 1/8in, same impact and RPM. Don't ask me why they've done this, I have no idea. 

Model DCH333. 

That one is actually available at this time but ive still to invest in the flexvolt range. With some tools running out of warranty i might sell them off and upgrade though. Thanks for the review 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/05/2017 at 6:57 AM, Framer joe said:

never said not quality tools,,or that they don't have the most cordless tools...I said Dewalt and Milwaukee are better.....oh we will see if the rear handle circ is equal to the flex....it should be it's 36v at 12ah(2/6ah) and it does look impressive....again

36v at 12ah ???

It's 36v at 6ah with 2/6ah batteries 

I think he's confusing series and parallel, you're either one or the other with 2 batteries, would need 4 for both.  

So I spent a few hours with this bad boy today chipping stucco and drilling tapcons for a replacement hurricane sliding glass door. I no longer need validation for this tool to prove it's self, it drills and chips like a champion and it does it so effortlessly and ergonomically (the AVT on this SDS is the best I've ever experienced on any tool). I've not yet used it to drill any large diameter holes but I have a feeling it'll be more than sufficient. Everyone that I've let use it can't believe how sweet it is. It cooks with thermite. 

I think over the next few months it's going to make a run at dethroning some of my favorite tools ever. Hopefully the HEPA attachment is released soon. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think he's confusing series and parallel, you're either one or the other with 2 batteries, would need 4 for both.  

So I spent a few hours with this bad boy today chipping stucco and drilling tapcons for a replacement hurricane sliding glass door. I no longer need validation for this tool to prove it's self, it drills and chips like a champion and it does it so effortlessly and ergonomically (the AVT on this SDS is the best I've ever experienced on any tool). I've not yet used it to drill any large diameter holes but I have a feeling it'll be more than sufficient. Everyone that I've let use it can't believe how sweet it is. It cooks with thermite. 

I think over the next few months it's going to make a run at dethroning some of my favorite tools ever. Hopefully the HEPA attachment is released soon. 

Nice! I have a dch293 here in Australia, a buddy sent one over from the US for me. I thought it was a better choice over the 54v sds plus we get in Australia. The dch293 is definitely the quickest  20v max/18v rotary on the market at the moment. It's doesn't get know near as hot as the 2715. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2017 at 8:39 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Yea Fuel SDS's seem to just about always flush the competition for a whole generation. The kicker is runtime...and Dewalt is being mindful of that because of the dust extraction piggy backing the battery, which actually makes a lot of sense. Fuel doesn't have that and for working in finished spaces that you don't want to completely douche, it's a deal maker. If you took the Fuel and popped a piggy back system on it with the output it has, you'd likely get only half as many holes per amp hour as Dewalt can accomplish. 

It's valid statistics but unfair comparison if you're in the market for the dust extraction. 

Like this?

milwaukee-2715-22de-m18-fuel-1-1-8-quot-

On 7/2/2017 at 11:09 AM, Framer joe said:

I like that FUEL set up above ,as Dewalt does also...seems like a good set up for overhead vs a hose hanging down

We remodel lots of hospitals, it more than pays for itself with the overhead drilling. Plus, since you have to keep hospitals clean at all times, it really pays for itself, if that makes sense. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FrosBros82 said:

We remodel lots of hospitals, it more than pays for itself with the overhead drilling. Plus, since you have to keep hospitals clean at all times, it really pays for itself, if that makes sense. 

if our crew ever were to get a job at a hospital I doubt they would be capable of keeping it clean.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jronman said:

if our crew ever were to get a job at a hospital I doubt they would be capable of keeping it clean.

Honestly, that's the name of the game...

and it's not for everyone. Like the job is a lot more cleaning, making temp barriers, PR work, etc. than actual "building". The  new construction was fun, but the remodel stinks. It is a constant battle dealing with the hospital and their schedule. 

Politics man.....comes with the territory. But actually keeping your jobsite clean everyday enhances productivity and definitely safety....we clean up twice a day..before lunch and at the end of the day.........you actually get more work by looking clean and organized....