New category suggestion

HiltiWpg

I wonder if there's enough members who use meters and test equipment enough to merit a section like this. I use meters every day, sometimes multiple times a day, sometimes multiple meters a day, and would be happy to see a meter/test equipment sub-forum. Would be a good spot for tips and advice, showing off meters, etc.. I could offer a lot to a section like this

That might be a great idea of splitting up hand tools.  If you guys can give us a little time and we would like to revisit this.  As you know we just moved the site and forum to new servers.  I have been designing a new website over the last couple of weeks.  I still have about another month or two before it goes live.  After that, I was going to make some changes to the forum and we can do that change then if that is cool with you.  If I forget, don't forget to remind me.  I am forgetful at this age.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Eric - TIA said:

That might be a great idea of splitting up hand tools.  If you guys can give us a little time and we would like to revisit this.  As you know we just moved the site and forum to new servers.  I have been designing a new website over the last couple of weeks.  I still have about another month or two before it goes live.  After that, I was going to make some changes to the forum and we can do that change then if that is cool with you.  If I forget, don't forget to remind me.  I am forgetful at this age.

What can the crew do to help?

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind throwing my $0.02 on DMMs, clamp meters, oscilloscopes, scopemeters or what have you. I'm constantly reading up, looking up reviews on DMMs. I have a fair bit of knowledge on input protection which is what protects the user from danger.

Let's not even get started on test leads, I have a serious problem. I swear, I need to go to a meeting or something to stop buying leads.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

There is a wood working, metal working, and automotive category... would it be a stretch to have trade specific categories? I know it's a tool forum but it might encourage more membership or just be a place where trade guys that are already members here can talk without having to go to another trade specific site. 

There is a wood working, metal working, and automotive category... would it be a stretch to have trade specific categories? I know it's a tool forum but it might encourage more membership or just be a place where trade guys that are already members here can talk without having to go to another trade specific site. 

I think that is too far removed from "Tools in Action".
Once you divide the trades, then you will inevitably have to divide the tool sections into what we already have.
I personally like seeing tool input from from various trades and hobbyists. It provides perspective that a trade-only forum can't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1