Dewalt BreakAway Recip Blades

JakeDewalt

It's a good concept, as long as the breakaway part is not running into your material it probably won't break on its own. My confusion comes from this: Why do you need a breakaway blade?? Just buy two blades, they're cheap enough. I can't remember when I've ever bought only one recip blade, I always buy packs or more than one blade, and when one is toast I put another one in. Where is the necessity for a breakaway blade?

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, snohiker said:

I saw these at the recent demo days and thought it was a great idea looked strong so the wouldn't break on there own wanted to give them a shot but can't seem to find them on the market yet. 

They have been spotted at some home depots

8 hours ago, JakeDewalt said:

Most Adjustable shoe recip saws end up being no-shoe recip saws

I agree. I love the adjustable shoe on Makita's saber saws (they survive heavy beatings) but I rarely use it. I prefer to keep a set of blades with various lengths and use them accordingly, in which brings back to breakway blades. I rather pick an appropriate blade, use it, detach it then throw the saber saw back into my toolbox or workstation.

I like it ,assuming the blade holds up until I'm ready to break away another blade....maybe small companies or crews or a DIY guy will set a shoe to use more of the blade.....knuckleheads on a production framing  crew,  just grab the sawzall and abuse it to cut something.....the blade can be almost new ,,but misuse causes the blade to break at the base ...........

This new blade in a blade allows the user to just put a new blade in the sawzall,,,without a trip to the truck.......why not just leave a pack of sawzall blades on site ,you ask ? Because that pack will be gone in 1day,...instead of having to ask me where the blades are ,for a new one.....unfortunately a crew comprises of some laborers who are not talented....but needed..and cost of blades,all types of blades is a large expense...........

On 4/30/2017 at 10:46 PM, Jronman said:

I heard about adjustable shoes breaking.

or they get taken off because they get in the way lol then cry about it when they lose the shoe

• Like 1

I'm going to try them!

But i've never had a problem with my adjustable shoes... I like the way Milwaukee has their adjustable shoe, it doesn't get hung up or stick or to a point where i stop using it because it becomes a pain to use, which it doesn't....  
Besides being able to use more of the blade, maybe even a bigger thing for my use is putting the shoe out far enough so the blade doesn't extend too far past what i'm cutting and hit something behind it.. something this breakaway blade wont' help with one bit

11 hours ago, Framer joe said:

I like it ,assuming the blade holds up until I'm ready to break away another blade....maybe small companies or crews or a DIY guy will set a shoe to use more of the blade.....knuckleheads on a production framing  crew,  just grab the sawzall and abuse it to cut something.....the blade can be almost new ,,but misuse causes the blade to break at the base ...........

This new blade in a blade allows the user to just put a new blade in the sawzall,,,without a trip to the truck.......why not just leave a pack of sawzall blades on site ,you ask ? Because that pack will be gone in 1day,...instead of having to ask me where the blades are ,for a new one.....unfortunately a crew comprises of some laborers who are not talented....but needed..and cost of blades,all types of blades is a large expense...........

These look like metal cutting blades. There's no doubt in my mind that the type of labourers in the crew you describe (you know, the meat heads) will obliterate these and lose the other half and go asking the babysitter (you) for blades just as frequently.

Consumable usage costs money, and money is as important to the production companies as it is to the DIY crowd and small companies.

• Like 2