Ego 56v Lawnmower

Sooooooo....does anybody own one? If so, what are your thoughts on the machine. Both pros and cons. Seriously considering buying one as my Honda is irreparable apparently according to my Honda dealership. 

13 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Sooooooo....does anybody own one? If so, what are your thoughts on the machine. Both pros and cons. Seriously considering buying one as my Honda is irreparable apparently according to my Honda dealership. 

I've actually never owned a Honda mower. I heard they are great options. I currently own a Toro.

I think EGO may offer the only self propelled battery option out right now. Eric and Dan did a battery mower comparison last year and the EGO was their winner. It was also one of the only mowers with a metal body. I've never used one but I'm sure they are great.

How big is your yard Chris? We own one for a smaller yard on a rental property we own. It is great that I can drive over now and not have to bring a mower or gas. The yard is maybe 3500 sq ft. It takes about 30-40 minutes to mow it and it just gets it on one battery if it isn't too tall. In mulching mode it does a good job on mulching the grass and cuts good.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, overanalyze said:

How big is your yard Chris? We own one for a smaller yard on a rental property we own. It is great that I can drive over now and not have to bring a mower or gas. The yard is maybe 3500 sq ft. It takes about 30-40 minutes to mow it and it just gets it on one battery if it isn't too tall. In mulching mode it does a good job on mulching the grass and cuts good.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks Andrew, not too sure on the yard size, my last property was .13 of an acre, this is a sight bit larger but it's mostly woods. I'd dare say maybe a 1/4 acre of actual grass. Do you have the self propelled one or the push one and is it the 5.0 or the 7.2 battery? 

On 5/2/2017 at 7:57 PM, ChrisK said:

@tugnut1 Has a fair amount of experience with Ego stuff.

I am still on the fence, I want to migrate over to take advantage of mower and new power head system but can't help thinking the value of the new power head seems off.  I am leaning towards the SP mower as it comes with the larger battery.

I have the Ego 7.5 self propelled and love it. Like some guys mentioned though it is so light you really don't need the self propelled feature. I got it with one because I had had self propelled mowers for so long and was so used to it.

12 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Has ever said anything about the mower? I've got the first gen blower and it's still awesome. 

Time for me to chime in. 

I have the very first 56 volt mower that they gave out.  I love, love, love that thing.  

Before I go any further, I just saw that Home Depot has the same mower that I have with a larger battery on sale today and today only.  It is $150 off putting it in a very good price range for the product I think.

Pros:  Super quiet, no maintenance, easy to store, easy to clean, light weight, all of the tools in the ego platform are awesome and use the same batteries.

Cons:  Full price on this unit is a little expensive compared to a gas model. You will need two batteries if you have a large lawn.  20 inch deck.  The new models are 21 inch decks.

My thoughts:  I mow about 1/3 acre.  I can just finish it with the 4.o amp hr batter that I got with the unit.  The new ones are coming with a 5.0 amp hr unit.  I love not dealing with the gas.  I can store this unit in the upright position because there is no gas or oil to be concerned with.  I can also clean the mower deck easily by lifting the deck to a 90 degree angle with the ground and using a stick to pull out the wet grass.  I cut some pretty thick weed and grass behind my property with it and wet grass will start to collect on the underside of the deck like on most mowers.  Since their is no oil or gas to worry about, I can put the mower in a great position to clean and since the deck is made of a hard plastic, grass doesn't stick well.

The newer model has a 21 inch deck and has the option of self propelled.  I do not have that unit.

I have come to the conclusion that when the day comes and I have to replace this unit, I will be buying another EGO.  

At the sale price today of $350, I would jump on it if I needed one.

• Like 3

Time for me to chime in. 

I have the very first 56 volt mower that they gave out.  I love, love, love that thing.  

Before I go any further, I just saw that Home Depot has the same mower that I have with a larger battery on sale today and today only.  It is $150 off putting it in a very good price range for the product I think.

Pros:  Super quiet, no maintenance, easy to store, easy to clean, light weight, all of the tools in the ego platform are awesome and use the same batteries.
Cons:  Full price on this unit is a little expensive compared to a gas model. You will need two batteries if you have a large lawn.  20 inch deck.  The new models are 21 inch decks.

My thoughts:  I mow about 1/3 acre.  I can just finish it with the 4.o amp hr batter that I got with the unit.  The new ones are coming with a 5.0 amp hr unit.  I love not dealing with the gas.  I can store this unit in the upright position because there is no gas or oil to be concerned with.  I can also clean the mower deck easily by lifting the deck to a 90 degree angle with the ground and using a stick to pull out the wet grass.  I cut some pretty thick weed and grass behind my property with it and wet grass will start to collect on the underside of the deck like on most mowers.  Since their is no oil or gas to worry about, I can put the mower in a great position to clean and since the deck is made of a hard plastic, grass doesn't stick well.

The newer model has a 21 inch deck and has the option of self propelled.  I do not have that unit.

I have come to the conclusion that when the day comes and I have to replace this unit, I will be buying another EGO.  

I have the same original EGO mower. It's going strong and I would not trade it for another mower. The 4.0ah battery will do my entire 1/4 acre suburban yard no problem. I do not wish for self propelled as my yard is rather flat being in Florida.

I would definitely invest in an EGO mower, especially at today's clearance price with a 5.0ah battery. 33e13230442320fa615ff8390ea3cba7.jpg
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, tugnut1 said:

I can also clean the mower deck easily by lifting the deck to a 90 degree angle with the ground and using a stick to pull out the wet grass.  I cut some pretty thick weed and grass behind my property with it and wet grass will start to collect on the underside of the deck like on most mowers.  

The new toro push mowers have a special connection for a water hose. Connect water to it, turn the mower on, and watch it clean out the grass. Except the mower requires gas and oil.

1 hour ago, tugnut1 said:

Time for me to chime in. 

Thanks guys, just bought it. Can't wait to get this!

1 hour ago, rrmccabe said:

So you did not even consider my JD 1026R suggestion!

See how you are :)

not to say Deere mowers are bad but I've been told they are aren't great back in my professional mowing days. I also owned one that wasn't great. That one you recommended looks like a nice machine. I've never tried a big guy though. I'm a Toro/Ex-Mark guy now. Scags aren't bad either.

2 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

So you did not even consider my JD 1026R suggestion!

See how you are :)

Ha. Sorry, I was at the range and just got home for equipment service. Putting .223s down range got me randy so I jumped on it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have the ego non push with the 5ah ,,it will mow your lawn no problem...I gave it to my brother and I got the self propelled this year with a 7.5.....it will mow a half acre no problem......watch "kite army" on you tube he does run test......Ego is the Best OPE in my opinion.....I have the old blower gave to my brother and the new at 575 cfm at 142 mph.....also the snow blower....they all work incredibly well...no problems, fast charger, ,easy clean and store.....great company and Home Depot is great for returns or any problems..... if your lawn is flat , you don't need self propelled...they are light....TIA did a video also..

• Like 1