ImpactX

Jronman

3 minutes ago, Bigmikez said:

Nice? I love the gold impact bits they sell 

I don't think I have ever used the gold bits. They seem similar to the old style shockwave bits. The black metal with teal torsion zone looks nice on the new bits.

46 minutes ago, Jronman said:

I don't think I have ever used the gold bits. They seem similar to the old style shockwave bits. The black metal with teal torsion zone looks nice on the new bits.

The Makita gold bits are the BEST bits sold at the big retailers, I've tried them all. They were also the only bits made outside of China (Made in Japan) but I ordered this set from Amazon and these were made in China...haven't used these yet.

I HIGHLY recommend these made in Japan Makita gold bits from HD, best bit you can get that isn't European (IMO).

308a17cf-b681-4e65-bddb-e0691cbc9b3d_100

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Conductor562 said:

I too have often professed my love for the Makita gold bits, so I am a little curious what the introduction of the ImpactX line will mean for them ?

Plus the newer(?) cheaper (?) Chinese version of the bits like I bought from Amazon.

Honestly, these remind me a lot of the Bosch impact bits. I'd probably recommend picking some of the Makita gold bits right now, I know I'll be picking some up.

On 5/12/2017 at 0:25 PM, Bremon said:

Impact X is supposed to slot into the hierarchy underneath Makita Gold apparently so I'm less enthused. I'm very happy with Gold and will likely try some Bosch bits next. 

The case is pretty sweet, they seemed to pay attention to detail

• Like 1

• 1 month later...