makita bits

danielicrazy

This thread reads like "cigarettes aren't bad; I've smoked them since I was 14 and I'm 90 now!". Congrats on your sample size of one; raw thorough data. As long as we are relying on anecdotal evidence, here's my 2 cents you can toss in the fountain: we go through plenty of non-impact rated bits at work in a hurry. (Quality) impact rated take much longer to wear through. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, KC_Tool said:

Just use Wera, Wiha, or Felo bits and forget about it. Shatter one (shoot a pic of it) and Ill gladly give you a new one.

To be honest, that's BS! You shouldn't warranty them because they're wear items! I wouldn't try to warranty one if it unless it was less than a day or 100 screws(which ever comes later). I love your customer service but that's above and beyond, I guess it does go to show the quality of bits you sell because Milwaukee and Dewalt would lose a ton of money if they offered that...I don't think I've ever complained about a warranty being too good before r0mGoOK.jpg

In my opinion, Felo is the most underappreciated tool company, their bits are fantastic. Supposedly PB Swiss was the best based on wear (from people on various forums) but Felo has proven (to me) to be better. Wera and Wiha are very comparable to PB Swiss, in my usage. 

• Like 1

To be honest, that's BS! You shouldn't warranty them because they're wear items! I wouldn't try to warranty one if it unless it was less than a day or 100 screws(which ever comes later). I love your customer service but that's above and beyond, I guess it does go to show the quality of bits you sell because Milwaukee and Dewalt would lose a ton of money if they offered that...I don't think I've ever complained about a warranty being too good before r0mGoOK.jpg

In my opinion, Felo is the most underappreciated tool company, their bits are fantastic. Supposedly PB Swiss was the best based on wear (from people on various forums) but Felo has proven (to me) to be better. Wera and Wiha are very comparable to PB Swiss, in my usage. 

Agreed about felo, I have an upcoming video where I'll hit on that topic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

On 5/13/2017 at 10:57 AM, BMack37 said:

Yeah Im not going to warranty them if they wear. I will warranty them if you shatter them. It really is going to be a case by case basis but for TIA people Im a little more lenient. Goes to the value of people on this board.

• Like 3

I have lots of wera impact bits a long with the dewalt flex torques and Bosch impact bits and after plenty of use I've shattered a few of each brand but the flex torques hold up very well and the fit of the ph2 bits are better then any other brand I've tried but what I will say is I prefer a great fitting bit over another that lasts ages as I can't stand bits that don't fit very well !

Felo actually has the best solution. They have a 20 euro bit holder with 3 torsion zones inside. That thing is marvelous :) you can skip the expensive impact bits and just use regular hardened bits in the bit holder. 

Works every time and is only a 1 time investment. And normal bits wear less then impact bits over time :)

• Like 3

Ok. I need some help. On the topic of bits, what drill bits do you all use? I've always bought cheapos knowing I will ruin them (essentially disposable tools). We are thinking of carrying drill bits in the future. Any suggestions? We specialize in German brand tools but we could potentially branch out if we have to. What do you all think?

We could do a kickstarter and call it "crowd sourcing" drill bits or some other hipster BS. 

Artisanal, small batch drill bits would make those guys with capri pants, suspenders, and mustache wax go crazy. 

• Like 2

Ok. I need some help. On the topic of bits, what drill bits do you all use? I've always bought cheapos knowing I will ruin them (essentially disposable tools). We are thinking of carrying drill bits in the future. Any suggestions? We specialize in German brand tools but we could potentially branch out if we have to. What do you all think?

We could do a kickstarter and call it "crowd sourcing" drill bits or some other hipster BS. 
Artisanal, small batch drill bits would make those guys with capri pants, suspenders, and mustache wax go crazy. 

For some European brands, you. Could look at Colt and Freud (forstner)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Felo actually has the best solution. They have a 20 euro bit holder with 3 torsion zones inside. That thing is marvelous [emoji4] you can skip the expensive impact bits and just use regular hardened bits in the bit holder. 

Works every time and is only a 1 time investment. And normal bits wear less then impact bits over time [emoji4]

Does this bit holder have a snap ring in the top to hold the bits in or does it just rely on the magnet ? Do the bits come out of it often or does it hold them in well ?

2 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

Only a magnet. And unfortunately not the strongest magnet ! That's what felo would have to improve on a gen 2 :)

What's weird is their other holders' magnets are ridiculously strong. Maybe they used a different magnet because neodymium is soo brittle?

What's weird is their other holders' magnets are ridiculously strong. Maybe they used a different magnet because neodymium is soo brittle?

Yes this is by far the best one I have for keeping the bits in it has a magnet as well as a snap ring round the top that clicks into the small marks on the side of the bits , it's that strong a fit that the first few times I used it I had to pull the bits out with pliers I thought it was faulty but it soon got easier to pull out by hand ! Also it's stainless steel and very good quality 6ddbf29092eb57161900740f296f6577.png

On May 12, 2017 at 1:30 PM, KC_Tool said:

Just use Wera, Wiha, or Felo bits and forget about it. Shatter one (shoot a pic of it) and Ill gladly give you a new one.

Yeah, but youre part of the evil cartel trying to sell us tools.

On that note, I think I'll be placing an order later this week.

• Like 3