Aluminum cutting blade

SetBuilder

I'm not sure what happened here, I was cutting some very light gauge aluminum L stock and the blade grabbed the piece. My hand got a little banged up, but nothing serious. This is what the blade looked like afterwards.

Thing is I don't know if it happened from grabbing the piece or if the teeth were missing and thats why it grabbed the piece. I usually go pretty slow hen cutting Aluminum, so I probably would have felt vibrations if it was like that when I started.

It was in a 12in miter saw

IMG_5678.JPG

Wow!! Watch out!! Buddy at work was using a metal cutting blade on my fuel circ saw with some punched angle iron and it bound up a little because he wasn't holding it very tight... Fortunately it just scratched up the base and took a bit of a tooth out on the blade. 

all it takes is one tooth to break off and jam, now you have a hard piece of steel running along other hard steel. The aluminum may have just acted as a guide on either side of the blade .

aluminum is soft, and binds together when cut, it is imperative to use some kind of cutting fluid  

I guess this is what happens when you work an 82 hour week followed by an 86 hour week...  I went to take close up pics of the blade to send to the manufacturer and I realized it was a wood blade, not an aluminum cutting blade.  My apologies...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SetBuilder said:

I guess this is what happens when you work an 82 hour week followed by an 86 hour week...  I went to take close up pics of the blade to send to the manufacturer and I realized it was a wood blade, not an aluminum cutting blade.  My apologies...

it happens dude, won't be the first or the last