Flexvolt track saw DCS520 on HD site!!

DPSElias

I will never buy it, It takes a new fangled battery that they might not support, It isn't a left hand blade, It doesn't come with a rafter hook.

Did I miss any of the gripes???:D:D:D

Actually I have the corded variant, have the clips to attach the cord to the hose on the dust extractor so I just don't see me replacing it anytime soon. If you are going to hook a hose up are you really going to notice the cord attached to it?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grumpy MSG said:

If you are going to hook a hose up are you really going to notice the cord attached to it?

Good point, pretty much the way I feel about cordless compressors. If I'm going to run an air hose from it does a cord make that much of a difference?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Grumpy MSG said:

Actually I have the corded variant, have the clips to attach the cord to the hose on the dust extractor so I just don't see me replacing it anytime soon. If you are going to hook a hose up are you really going to notice the cord attached to it?

I agree with this if you are using it in a shop, which can hold true for many cordless tools as well. But if you are outside or don't care about a hose (which in a shop I don't see that happening) then I can see this being beneficial. Being a DYIer I can see this in helping with ripping sheet goods, I have a table saw but often work by myself so I could see this helping me.

5 hours ago, SetBuilder said:

Good point, pretty much the way I feel about cordless compressors. If I'm going to run an air hose from it does a cord make that much of a difference?

Well if you have a cordless compressor does that make all your pneumatic tools cordless? :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SetBuilder said:

Ya know, I feel the same way, I kinda get the convenience of a cordless compressor, but I'm not a buyer, admittedly I still think the idea is cool.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cr8ondt said:

Ya know, I feel the same way, I kinda get the convenience of a cordless compressor, but I'm not a buyer, admittedly I still think the idea is cool.

Well...

There are plenty of times I use one of my compressors as a cordless compressor. I have a 6 gallon Porter-Cable that I will fill up, unplug and the go out and check tires with it. as long as they aren't flat. it usually gets both vehicles with one trip. The little 1.2 gallon HDX that I picked up on closeout at Home Depot for $14 is a whole lot quieter, lighter and is my favorite for the stapler and brad nailer. I haven't tried it with the finish nailer yet, but I have a feeling it won't struggle to keep up with as slow and deliberate as I work. I wouldn't hesitate to use the bigger compressor to do a small room or closet on one tank, but I don't think I'd trust the little one for more than ten or fifteen brads or staples. 

8 hours ago, Grumpy MSG said:

I will never buy it, It takes a new fangled battery that they might not support, It isn't a left hand blade, It doesn't come with a rafter hook.

Like you I won't buy it however that is because I bought the HKC55 which acts as a circular saw and a cross cutting saw and a track saw. I kind of had the same thoughts when I was weighing in buying my HKC but after the first time using it they all went away. I use my Tracksaw in the shop and my HKC everywhere else. As far as the rafter hook, I'm not so sure it'd be a deal breaker as it's intended as a tool to be used in coordination with a track on sheet goods, my tracksaw doesn't have one either. My HKC could benefit with one as it fills three roles but meh....it does such a nice job I'm ducky ;D

17 minutes ago, Bremon said:

That's a TStak @JimboS1ice

I'll wait for initial impressions and to see the price in Monopoly money, I mean CAD, before deciding on this vs Festool. Ripping down sheets on a site with a cordless option vs using a table saw. 

Thats dumb! Should be a tough box

15 minutes ago, jkeating3 said:

Yes it is. Yes it should. But it's better than a soft bag, so there's that...

I have so many soft bags at this point I don't know which tool went to which bag :lol: I like the molded cases for transport myself

Well the DCS576 could fill in that gap ChrisK as it seems very similar to the HKC55

1cdc2c9b610550c19e1809e5f1a30056.jpg

dfc1e63efd124f33ae717f8de48f8ec7.jpg

694323d65019d047a03b7aaf0f1aac1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The DCS576 circular saw is for DeWalt tracks only. It cannot be used on other tracks like the track saw can. The tilt mechanism make it so when tilted to 45* the saw must use the auxiliary guide in the base on the DeWalt track to clear the track.

I'll buy this right away. Only dealing with a hose is a lot better than a hose and a cord. Not to mention a FlexVolt dust extractor has to be on the horizon.

9f5bed0d7e662a0164e4d7a129239144.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Grumpy MSG said:

you will notice 2 cords right? 

17 hours ago, SetBuilder said:

not sure how to justify a cordless compressor. Attempted to cut the cord but kinda hard to make the air hose cordless.

So I hear many opinions on the track saw...I assume a track saw is for....?( I get cutting a straight line)  If your cutting sheets of mdo or birch ,etc for inside ,don't finish guys use a tablesaw ? If your cutting cdx exterior ply, don't you snap a line and use a circ saw ? Of course I'm a builder so we don't use track saws for framing or ext trim.....just curious of its need ? But glad Dewalt has one............

• Like 1

Just now, Framer joe said:

So I hear many opinions on the track saw...I assume a track saw is for....?( I get cutting a straight line)  If your cutting sheets of mdo or birch ,etc for inside ,don't finish guys use a tablesaw ? If your cutting cdx exterior ply, don't you snap a line and use a circ saw ? Of course I'm a builder so we don't use track saws for framing or ext trim.....just curious of its need ? But glad Dewalt has one............

I use my table saw for smaller cuts Joe. When I bring a sheet of 4x8 down into my shop the first stop is on a piece of insulation and the track saw does the big cuts and then my table saw does all of the cross cuts and dados etc.

• Like 2

Now the rigid cordless compressor is great....we use it with a 10 ft hose in a man lift to install windows with a roofing gun....no more dragging a hose around a huge house or rerouting the house to reach somewhere.....now a cordless roofing gun would be even better for installing windows.!!!' 

• Like 1

So @ChrisK you want the rip or cut to be straighter then a circ saw will give on the initial cut before the table saw is used? If it's a rough cut ,why not just snap a line and use a circ saw ?  Or does the track saw give a factory edge thus giving you less waste out of a sheet ? That I get.....