New stuff heading our way

Jronman

39 minutes ago, overanalyze said:

Just give me that new 20v 7-1/4 saw! @2-9/16th cutting depth I can finally quit using our beastly 10-1/4" Milwaukee for cutting i-joist.

should be out soon. According to DeWALT's website it and the track saw are still listed as "coming soon".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, overanalyze said:

Just give me that new 20v 7-1/4 saw! @2-9/16th cutting depth I can finally quit using our beastly 10-1/4" Milwaukee for cutting i-joist.

If you are going to be cutting a lot of I-joists, you won't regret picking up one of the Flex Volt 7 1/4s for the job.

• Like 2

If you are going to be cutting a lot of I-joists, you won't regret picking up one of the Flex Volt 7 1/4s for the job.

I have been eyeing it but the 20v appeals to me more. If I want more power I can add a 60v batt but for the time being I can use the batts I already have.
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, overanalyze said:

I have been eyeing it but the 20v appeals to me more. If I want more power I can add a 60v batt but for the time being I can use the batts I already have.

I've been doing that right along with the blower and the saw. Awesome, actually unbelievable run time. Right now the only Flexvolt tool I have is the circ and it is beautiful. I also bought the Flexvolt 20v hammer impact kit but that doesn't count. Just got me two 60v batts and two rapid chargers ✌️

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

I've been doing that right along with the blower and the saw. Awesome, actually unbelievable run time. Right now the only Flexvolt tool I have is the circ and it is beautiful. I also bought the Flexvolt 20v hammer impact kit but that doesn't count. Just got me two 60v batts and two rapid chargers ✌️

The Home Depot has a great deal on that kit right now. $299 for the hammer drill, impact, a 2.0 compact battery, a 2.0/6.0 FlexVolt battery, a charger in a Tough System case. It is sitting right inside the front door near the pro desk. Meanwhile at the local tool sale I picked up the same drill and impact in a hard case with a pair of 5.0 batteries for the same price. I am still not sure which is a better deal, considering I have the 20V string trimmer, both blowers and the 7 1/4" miter saw, so I am pretty happy with what I have that might need the bigger batteries.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Grumpy MSG said:

The Home Depot has a great deal on that kit right now. $299 for the hammer drill, impact, a 2.0 compact battery, a 2.0/6.0 FlexVolt battery, a charger in a Tough System case. It is sitting right inside the front door near the pro desk. Meanwhile at the local tool sale I picked up the same drill and impact in a hard case with a pair of 5.0 batteries for the same price. I am still not sure which is a better deal, considering I have the 20V string trimmer, both blowers and the 7 1/4" miter saw, so I am pretty happy with what I have that might need the bigger batteries.

Dude, I really want to get the string trimmer. I do have the hedge trimmer and used a 60v pack on it and the battery never showed signs of use when I was done. Still full charge status on the battery!

• Like 2

FlexVolt 9.0ah is just the beginning. There will be a 12.0ah and a 15.0ah. So much potential energy with FlexVolt.

Also, yes, the FlexVolt table saw had to be released in a smaller blade format due to safety rules. The table size has to be a certain size dependant on blade size. DeWalt's needed more time to develop the bigger saw. The 6.0ah batteries were all that was readily available and they wouldn't cut it in the 10" saw.

This safety regulation is also why the Metabo cordless table saw is just a concept still.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, The.Handyman said:

This safety regulation is also why the Metabo cordless table saw is just a concept still.

On Wednesday we might add another M brand to this list ?. 

The potential with FlexVolt really is ridiculous. Imagine the power and runtime you can get on a tool with 432 or 540 watt hours in the batteries.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Bremon said:

NPS16 all over again?! ????

I don't think so. I think we'll see some prototypes. They could also announce things for more than a year out without a working unit. Companies have done that before.

Solves voltage drop to an extent but still won't get you FlexVolt muscle if the 9.0 on a 2731 is a benchmark to go off of. 

I get that...but for my use I don't need that. 90% of my cordless cutting can be done by the 20v saw..probably more like 95%. For that 5% it falls short I can get out my old trusty Skilsaw worm drive.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2