New stuff heading our way

Jronman

I was roaming DeWALT's website and found that there are listings for the tool connect stuff now. I found out the bluetooth adapter to convert non bluetooth tools is non removable once installed. It appears DeWALT has ditched the current switch like on the dcd996 and is going with a button switch like on Makita impacts and onekey stuff. Appears to have 4 modes on the drill. 1, 2, 3, and one that looks like a house. I'm surprised DeWALT didn't include tool connect batteries with tool connect tools. I was unable to find the tc impact driver or the non compact tc drill driver.

9 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

I'd pay that 19$ a month to gps my stolen tool and go get it....sensors,locks....really looks good...thanks j man

it has gps? That would be nice if it did then you would have a better range than one key and tick stuff.

Ya .real .gps on the Verizon network...so true gps locator to get you within 50' of your tool..it said...19$ a month. Anywhere in the Verizon coverage area..which is the USA..and covers up to 10 tools......

..............ALSO you can disable the tool by.....TEXT message EVAN if it doesn't have a battery on it...

I did one last check on the website and found a dcd997 with 2 tc 5.0 batteries. it is the tool connect successor to the 996. Back when tool guyd released the tc teaser this wasn't in the picture of the tc drills. Also appears the tc drills have 3 customizable rpm settings. I would guess the modes on the base are for switching between the customizable modes and not the light. I'm still curious what the home mode is for. Also found the dcf888. Precision drive mode returns but for those who don't like it, it is customizable.

13 hours ago, Framer joe said:

Ya I'm gonna return my 996 I just got and get the new 997 ...cuz I just need to try it out...plus it looks cool

you should give us a review when you get em. You getting the dcf888?

• Like 1

I'll give a heads up when the 997 comes in....when I can order it....not getting the dcf888 @Jronman .....or dcd792....I love the 887 and 791..especially the 791....I know tool connect/Bluetooth will allow some (3)? Rpm change or something but I'd have to hear that it's sooooooooo much better then the 791 or 887 .......I assume in a couple years they'll be a newer 791 or 887 ...I'd prob wait for those..............

.............maybe Dewalt catches up and gets impulse? 

12 hours ago, Framer joe said:

.........maybe Dewalt catches up and gets impulse? 

Based on DeWalts track record, I'd say that's 2-4 years out.... They either innovate with new class products at breakneck speed or drag their asses meeting the competition...

• Like 2

I hear that @Cr8ondt...I love em and hate em......what I don't understand is with all these guys on here that supposedly have inside info but "can't talk" right now.....and other guys that are privileged to see and try new tools........why don't they tell Dewalt insiders that customers are pissed off with their tool strategy......why doesn't TIA Dan and Eric say something to Dewalt about ......

... start expanding existing lines instead of starting new ones

....add new tools that other companies don't have to existing lines

....release tools to preorder customers first, and dedicated tool suppliers not HD

....stop focusing on gadgets and build long lasting quality tools

....release accessories for tools at the same time ,not months later to get it

and if guys are saying this to Dewalt why doesn't Dewalt give a shit about losing customers..........Happy Mothers Day 

• Like 3

Well to be fair a lot of what I've heard of guys giving feedback to companies is "they know the market best" "they know what they're doing" type hubris, and that's from multiple colours. My understanding is Dewalt is finally doubling down on 20v Max and FlexVolt is here to stay. 40v and 12v I'm less convinced of. Milwaukee is finally coming around on 2x batteries I believe after 2 years of "18v can do it all!" head in the sand attitude. They're losing market share, hence all the 9.0 promos. Dewalt is aggressively establishing FlexVolt marketshare with their promos as well. 

My opinion is Makita has done it best, even though I'm not a fan of 2x battery use, it's still awesome to keep guys on one platform Milwaukee-style, but have huge power FlexVolt-style.

• Like 4

Flexvolt is a definitely a viable option Jman....the runtime and cut capacity of the flex circ with a 3/9ah beats any other cordless tool period ....it easily lasts all day with two batteries or 1 and put it on the charger at lunch.......it is easily more powerful then most corded circ saws except worm drive ...and maybe the 2battery Makita.......

................I should know ,, been framing over thirty years and as I said before no one has built more houses then us ..including neighborhoods or large customs

.............PLUS I use it to frame decks every weekend with my deck company..

......The complete Flexvolt system is the Best System (except the sawzall...FUEL wins) ....Many Framing companies now use the complete system....DIY not so much,nor should they buy into it.........

......Nothing is better then being cordless !  Not fighting for power..or plug space,,tripped breakers.......

Flexvolt does more then just ....make a living ...it creates wealth

• Like 2

Ah, 40v isn't leaving,18v isn't leaving,20v isn't leaving,60v either........crazy when guys say the platform is going away....agree 60v  ope doesn't last but also not powerful enough compared to other brands.....the DIY thing...Bman...I wouldn't call you the avg DIY guy,, with tool forum talk and tool knowledge.....90% of DIY guys at HD know absolutely nothing about tools or tool safety and Should Not be buying Powerful Flexvolt Cordless Tools......and Ego is Best......more POWA 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Lol all good @Framer joe I'm just kidding around. I could see double battery pro OPE coming out though and 40v not seeing much for releases. 40v isn't disappearing but it may end up like 18v which sees approximately 0 releases per year these days. 

Think about it slightly differently. They could introduce Double 20V battery OPE, and offer a very similar item item using 90-95% of the same parts with a different battery mount to use the 40V OPE battery. Homeowners who have 20V tools could then buy one item, landscaping contractors could buy a very similar item, for example both could be happy with a 20-22 inch mower that uses a battery they each have in their inventory. To me that would be win win right there.

• Like 1