New stuff heading our way

Jronman

10 hours ago, Bremon said:

Lol all good @Framer joe I'm just kidding around. I could see double battery pro OPE coming out though and 40v not seeing much for releases. 40v isn't disappearing but it may end up like 18v which sees approximately 0 releases per year these days. 

Does OPE need a tonne of releases though? I have Ego OPE rather than DeWalt, but even their line is, what, eight tools? It seems pretty complete too (On the other hand, this). They could start releasing riding mowers maybe, but they would need "more POWA" (credit to framer joe). 

Think how many OPE lines have a cordless mower. Ego and... Makita? Ego has pole trimmer, edger, etc. attachments, self-propelled and standard push mowers,  a snowblower, a backpack blower. Most brands have a token release of 3 tools. 3 tools doesn't make a line. Ego is deeper than 40v Max, which is meant to be a dedicated professional OPE solution. I'd say nobody but Ego does OPE properly. 

1 hour ago, ChrisK said:

I'm still tossing the idea of getting the Dewalt string trimmer. 

Lol I tossed that idea out the window..... Got Ryobi hybrid one... Granted my lawn is very small.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bremon said:

I'm impressed with it. Don't regret not getting an ego at all. Not sure what direction I'll go with the blower. 

I've got the first generation blower from Ego and love it. My 20v Dewalt blower is great but the Ego has quite a bit more power. I'm really impressed with the Wgo mower special. That is a fantastic mower. So yes to the Dewalt!

3 hours ago, Bremon said:

Think how many OPE lines have a cordless mower. Ego and... Makita? Ego has pole trimmer, edger, etc. attachments, self-propelled and standard push mowers,  a snowblower, a backpack blower. Most brands have a token release of 3 tools. 3 tools doesn't make a line. Ego is deeper than 40v Max, which is meant to be a dedicated professional OPE solution. I'd say nobody but Ego does OPE properly. 

3 tools don't make a line, but I think you will find most folks with OPE have a string trimmer, a blower (maybe it is a leaf vacuum too) and push mower, beyond that some might add a hedge trimmer or a chain saw. Not everyone needs a pole saw and most people I know don't touch an edger and snow blowers are a regional thing. So if a business is going after a market share the smart thing to do is to sell the items people that people are going to buy the most of first and introduce others later.

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

So a mower is a good idea you'd agree? You'd also likely agree that 40v max is lagging behind customization options Ego and others have?

Yes a mower makes sense and I can see where you could consider the 40V line lagging behind other brands. In my eyes mowers and their options are a rabbit hole like the infamous blade left/ blade right, sidewinder/ worm drive arguments folks have over circular saws. People will argue what is the best size, discharge, self propelled versus big wheel. I just figure you have to be able to get it through a normal size gate, trim where a rider or bigger walk/ride behind mower can't go and do small yards would be the optimal size for starters.

20 hours ago, Framer joe said:

Ah, 40v isn't leaving,18v isn't leaving,20v isn't leaving,60v either........crazy when guys say the platform is going away....agree 60v  ope doesn't last but also not powerful enough compared to other brands.....the DIY thing...Bman...I wouldn't call you the avg DIY guy,, with tool forum talk and tool knowledge.....90% of DIY guys at HD know absolutely nothing about tools or tool safety and Should Not be buying Powerful Flexvolt Cordless Tools......and Ego is Best......more POWA 

I showed my Ego stuff to a good friend who is a pro mower. He really liked them. He is using only gas stuff right now but is looking into the Ego trimmer. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jkeating3 said:

Does OPE need a tonne of releases though? I have Ego OPE rather than DeWalt, but even their line is, what, eight tools? It seems pretty complete too (On the other hand, this). They could start releasing riding mowers maybe, but they would need "more POWA" (credit to framer joe). 

Ego has a lot of tools. I could see many more coming. Pole hedge attachment for the multi attachment trimmer for example. 

7 hours ago, ChrisK said:

I'm still tossing the idea of getting the Dewalt string trimmer. 

get the Ego since you have the Ego mower

6 hours ago, Bremon said:

I'm impressed with it. Don't regret not getting an ego at all. Not sure what direction I'll go with the blower. 

get the Ego. It is light, quiet, powerful, and pro mower approved.

• Like 3

On 5/16/2017 at 6:22 PM, Framer joe said:

Ego ...new for 2017 a hand held blower with 575 cfm  at 149 mph ..variable trigger brand new.....ego constantly tries to top itself as the king of ope...cordless/gasless

I figured this out when I got the HD promo blower, I posted on IG and Tool Pig had the 575 one, looks like they improved the control a little bit, trigger lock and a better variable speed control

There was a post on the forum about a possible new mid torque impact wrench and when I asked my tool guy about a compact 1/2" brushless he said his source said something was coming in June.  So I guess my question is has anyone else heard of any impact wrenches coming out in this next tool release?

6 minutes ago, The.Handyman said:

Mid torque is due out this year. When? Who knows with DeWalt. It will probably look like one of the MAC impact wrenches.

At least we know the rear handle circular saw will be quarter 4.

Great here comes the circular saw dick measuring contest

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bremon said:

Whoever wins, Milwaukee loses @JimboS1ice ? fingers crossed they don't three-peat with crap NPS. 

Nah they'll probably come out with a cordless worm, show it go through 4' long timber, cooks a 9.0 at 4.1' and act like they've re-invented the wheel, in the mean time Makita puts 4 packs on a 16" saw

Poor Bosch guy couldn't bring his Eneracer battery with him so he's hacking by hand

• Like 3