New stuff heading our way

Jronman

23 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

Flex rear handle ? Q4 ? 

Yep. Hopefully same timeframe for Canada ?.

56 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Nah they'll probably come out with a cordless worm, show it go through 4' long timber, cooks a 9.0 at 4.1' and act like they've re-invented the wheel, in the mean time Makita puts 4 packs on a 16" saw

Poor Bosch guy couldn't bring his Eneracer battery with him so he's hacking by hand

Who are we kidding; the Bosch guy has Eneracer/Core batteries to spare because he doesn't have a saw worth a damn to put them in. 

It would be disruptively innovative to put out a true cordless worm though; starter kit comes with Rapid charger, a 9.0, and some gear oil ?! We've done what competitors haven't; delivered the true worm experience!

• Like 1

That's a douchebag move...like you say just release both

Cordless "worm" style....

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=3816&share_tid=12629&url=http://forum.toolsinaction.com/index.php?/topic/12629-Cordless-%22worm%22-style%2E%2E%2E%2E&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All a process unfortunately. Same reason we got 6.5" Fuel then 7.25". Bigger bad ass later to sell more. Same reason we get the 10" 120v Max hybrid table saw later. I'm sticking with the 8.25" though; jokes on them ? or I get two table saws and life is grand?

On 5/14/2017 at 6:20 PM, Bremon said:

Well to be fair a lot of what I've heard of guys giving feedback to companies is "they know the market best" "they know what they're doing" type hubris, and that's from multiple colours. My understanding is Dewalt is finally doubling down on 20v Max and FlexVolt is here to stay. 40v and 12v I'm less convinced of. Milwaukee is finally coming around on 2x batteries I believe after 2 years of "18v can do it all!" head in the sand attitude. They're losing market share, hence all the 9.0 promos. Dewalt is aggressively establishing FlexVolt marketshare with their promos as well. 

My opinion is Makita has done it best, even though I'm not a fan of 2x battery use, it's still awesome to keep guys on one platform Milwaukee-style, but have huge power FlexVolt-style.

This! I feel the Red 18 Volt platform is good, but way too many eggs in that basket, their M28 range has virtually nothing! They really need to address this!

The Dewalt 40 Volt system looks good and could work very well with construction tools, but I guess that's what Flexvolt is for.

No personal experience of the Makita 2x18, but spoke to a guy with the SDS plus and he said it was good, but chomped through batteries very quickly.

@Tug....40v Dewalt batts are to big and heavy for cordless construction tools....IMO Makita batts charge fast and die fast....the 2 batt thing is fine for stationary tools. Personally think it's heavy for cordless tools.....Red makes great cordless tools ,don't know their next move as far as power goes...2 batts or smaller more powerful motors...? 

Hadn't looked at the weight of the 40 volt cells, good point. 

I don't like the idea of charging higher than 1C, I believe the Makita chargers can hit 9 Amps? Not good, even if the manufacturer claims their cells can handle it, I'm convinced it shortens cell life. 

Red do indeed make great tools, my V18 set was going strong after eight tough years before they were stolen. I just think they need to start pushing the higher voltage platform a bit more. 

I'm curious about the big Reds next move.....I'm quite happy that all these companies are pushing each other to develop better cordless tools.....

Some guys just want a tool to do the job and put it away, I personally Love cordless tools....the POWA, the Design..the Technology..The feel...I take care of my tools and tool boxes...some tools I buy new and never use em..just put em away....

Higher charge rate means higher heat, which isn't good for the cells. That's why most fast chargers now have fans to cool the batteries while they charge.

Big Red's next move is 2xM18 tools I'd guess. I expect a table saw among other big things next month. 

Ridgid and Ryobi are X2 so that means Milwaukee is next.

I don't see a table saw from them coming. They have very little experience in that department and the market shares a very small with DeWalt having such a fantastic saw. I do not see it being worth the R&D money that would need to be dedicated to bring something to Market.

2 hours ago, Bremon said:

Higher charge rate means higher heat, which isn't good for the cells. That's why most fast chargers now have fans to cool the batteries while they charge.

Big Red's next move is 2xM18 tools I'd guess. I expect a table saw among other big things next month. 

2 battery Milwaukee miter saw is actually a thing. Supposedly a couple guys at work tried one out. I thought I remember hearing something about Milwaukee venturing into more woodworking and general carpentry tools like a table saw and track saw. Another thing I heard was Milwaukees may try new motors that are smaller yet provide more power.