Festool domino user question?

SetBuilder

I have a bunch of boxes to make out of Baltic Birch plywood and they are to have no nails, staples or screws in them. So I have been using the Domino machine. Yesterday and today have been my first time using it. Very user friendly tool and the learning curve is not too bad. 

One question I have is is there a simpler may to add dominoes mid board? I'm kept making plunges on a line and figured out some reference points, but its kind of a pain doing it free hand with out a guide. Its working fine, but it seems there must be a simper way.  Does my question make sense?

IMG_5722.JPG

7 minutes ago, SetBuilder said:

What are the advantages of the 700?

Just bigger tenons is all.

If you were building beds out of 8/4 it would be the better choice.

But its also a lot larger and heavier too.  I bought the 500 as it meets my needs better. The one SUPER cool thing about the 700 is they offer these connectors not available for the 500.

https://www.festool.com/Products/Accessories/Pages/Detail.aspx?pid=201827&name=Connector-for-DOMINO-joining-machine-EV-32-Set

Doing stuff mid board I just have been clamping my short track saw guide and using it as a fence for the domino.

• Like 1