Skilsaw OUTLAW

Last year, Dan and Eric did their page on the Outlaw saw:

http://toolsinaction.com/2016/08/skilsaw-outlaw-worm-drive-metal/

It's a wormdrive Skilsaw metal cutting circular saw with an 8" blade!

I received one thanks to Toolbarn and obviously, they are expecting some exposure for their gesture, no biggie!

I think I'm in love! I have never used, owned, or even handled a wormdrive saw, you know those saws that built america! It instantly made sense why people like this style so much..

I can push through the metal easily and straight on because my hand in centered behind the blade. and with my left hand, hold onto the piece that is going to be cut off. 

For me, this is perfect. 2" black iron pipe, no problem, unistrut, angle iron, allthread, etc, SWEET!!

Too bad it's not cordless, but with power right in my van, it's not a big deal. If i have a bunch to cut, i'll set up a station with a Ridgid tristand and pull power to it, not like i'm going to be all over the jobsite cutting metal.

Here's two videos i did quick, brought exclusively to you guys first! 

First video shows being able to cut through a piece of 2" black iron pipe, which has an outside diameter of 2-1/2" and not possible to do with a cordless metal saw, i'm pretty excited about that. 

Second video shows using power off my van and cutting some strut real quick and clean!

On 5/28/2017 at 0:14 AM, wildroamer said:

Very cool KC, man that thing went through that pipe like buttah!

They sent you that for free?! How'd you swing that?!?!

Congrats!

So do you remember a YouTube that Dan and Eric put up a little while ago?

It's through Instagram that I get involved with companies and get things here and there, there message is true but it takes a bit of work and more so for a YouTube channel! 

So I've been doing this for almost a year now, and this is the video I'm referring to:

It's a lot of fun for me!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...