What Blade to get for a 10" Miter Saw

cliu

I am thinking of getting my first 10" sliding compound miter saw. I am just wondering what blade is the ideal one for my needs since budgetary restrictions will confine me to one blade for now. I am planning to do mostly rough cutting and mostly 2x4, 6 or 8 and occasionally some 4x4s maybe even some 4x6s. I am wondering how many TPI would be ideal for that kind of work. I am looking more for speed than smoothness. As far as brands go, I am planning to go with Diablo since I have used their circular saw blades in the past and have been highly satisfied with them but feel free to disagree.

My first pick would be diablo. There good quality at a reasonable price. 

My little woodworker friend just got this Irwin set for his 10" miter saw. I can't personally recommend them from expierence but maybe someone can. 

https://www.lowes.com/pd/IRWIN-Marathon-Circular-Saw-Blade-Set/1000142875

I picked up a dewalt combo pack of 2 different 12" blades for like 30 bucks on Black Friday. One is a finish blade ones a rougher blade. They work great. I still have them but don't use my woodworking tools much. 

https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-12-in-Circular-Saw-Blade-Set/1209495

18 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Diablos the way to go or if you want to drop a buck step into freud

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't Diablo owned by Freud? Is Diablo a more affordable (and commonly available) line like the difference between Ridgid and Ryobi (both of which are owned by TTI). Are Freud blades better enough to justify the extra $30 or so?

Isn't Diablo owned by Freud? Is Diablo a more affordable (and commonly available) line like the difference between Ridgid and Ryobi (both of which are owned by TTI). Are Freud blades better enough to justify the extra $30 or so?

Yes exactly Frued is the next line up, for more money you get bigger carbide teeth which allows you to have it resharpened, that 100 blade could outlast 2-3 fifty dollar blades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently bought the Diablo 60T Combination blade for my 12" saw. I was a little skeptical of a combination blade on a miter saw as they are generally designed to balance performance between ripping and cross cutting, but this one is designed for miter saws, so I gave it a go.

I have to say I'm pretty happy with it. It seems to cut a little faster than the standard 60T and I don't notice much difference in cut finish, though I've only used it on pine thus far.

Here is a 10" 50 tooth version. Makes a good general purpose blade.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Diablo-10-in-x-50-Teeth-Combination-Saw-Blade-D1050X/202786854

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

As with any tool on the market, circular saws are found in a variety of models. The best circular saw allows you an easy adjustment and perfect visibility of the cutting blade because if you do not see where you cut, you can not cut too precisely. The best saws have alignment accessories and cutting indicators to ensure flawless operation. I found different saws that are good and perform well, but when I looked at the price, I said a bit, and I did not buy, and I can not say which are the best.

As to blades though, better ones should last longer between sharpenings, be made with teeth that can be sharpened, have enough material in the teeth, be the right grade and quality of carbide, and have a record of good welding process for the tooth attachment (IOW, they don't break teeth in operation, nor fling them off due to occasional poor weld quality.) If a saw tooth breaks or flies off, it's like a super hardened bullet shot in a random direction. Keeps me away from discount blades!