20v Max Framing Nailer

cliu

I am wondering who has it and how is their experience with it? Can it sink a 16 penny nail all the way down? How is the battery life? Dewalt seems to be the only brand that makes one, I wonder why.

I have a few of them (692) I love it ..nothing compares to a pneumatic gun for framing  which we use all week..but.if your a remodel guy then your not cranking out walls all day so the paslode or the Dewalt cordless framer are great.....

.......battery life depends on use....I build decks every weekend and  one flexvolt 6ah will last all day ...a) yes it will sink 3/1/2" paslode full head hot dip galv stick nails no problem all day into pressure treated lumber

b)..user error will result in heads sticking up

The paslode is as good ..but..their is additional costs (fuel cells) also the fuel must be kept warm to use it..it is not an ideal gun for winter use

I use my Dewalt cordless guns all winter no problems..rain ,no problems..heat no problems.....I use them to nail off pt decking also and it is fast...

older threads talk talk about this gun ...........I also have/use the Dewalt cordless hanger gun (aka metal connector) it's awesome being cordless

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Framer joe said:

I have a few of them (692) I love it ..nothing compares to a pneumatic gun for framing  which we use all week..but.if your a remodel guy then your not cranking out walls all day so the paslode or the Dewalt cordless framer are great.....

.......battery life depends on use....I build decks every weekend and  one flexvolt 6ah will last all day ...a) yes it will sink 3/1/2" paslode full head hot dip galv stick nails no problem all day into pressure treated lumber

b)..user error will result in heads sticking up

The paslode is as good ..but..their is additional costs (fuel cells) also the fuel must be kept warm to use it..it is not an ideal gun for winter use

I use my Dewalt cordless guns all winter no problems..rain ,no problems..heat no problems.....I use them to nail off pt decking also and it is fast...

older threads talk talk about this gun ...........I also have/use the Dewalt cordless hanger gun (aka metal connector) it's awesome being cordless

I've heard the firing pins wear down fairly quickly with the Dewalts, theres nothing like a pneumatic nailer though, just the sound alone is bad ass lol

I shot approx 30,000 Nails before the gun became inoperable, jam, no sink, jam, etc.

Took to Dewalt out of Warranty 

Paid 99.99 Tune-Up fee and had about 7 parts replaced and the gun rebuild.

4 weeks later after the wait on parts back in action

5,000 nails in and no issues.

I shot approx 30,000 Nails before the gun became inoperable, jam, no sink, jam, etc.

Took to Dewalt out of Warranty 
Paid 99.99 Tune-Up fee and had about 7 parts replaced and the gun rebuild.

4 weeks later after the wait on parts back in action

5,000 nails in and no issues.

That's not bad, expected where on it at that point anywho

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I really, really like the dewalt nailer.
It doesn't compare to a pneumatic, but then again on some levels the pneumatic doesn't compare with the dewalt.

I took a video of it yesterday. I'll try to post it soon. It was great.

I was showing my competition. I said, " it would be my choice for new construction, but for remodeling ". He interrupted and said looks to me like it replaces pneumatic.

I still have a few pneumatic, but I love the dewalt framer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently I don't know how to post a video.  Oh well.  

I don't know if I would agree that the Paslode shoots harder.  My opinion.  I like the Paslode.  Great guns with a solid reputation.  I just sold my last 2.  

At this point, I would still opt for the DeWalt.  So far it's done everything we've asked.