Gen 2 Miter Saw coming?

Marcv76

Since Ryobi announced a dual battery 10" miter saw today, could it mean that a dual battery Gen 2 10" miter saw is on its way also from Milwaukee. If not why would they beef up the ryobi and not the Milwaukee? I have the fuel miter saw and I think works really well considering its only 18v, but that also limits it at times and dual 18v  would help out tremendously. 

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 10.18.33 PM.png

I can imagine a 2-battery 12" miter from Milwaukee...but this doesn't mean much, in my opinion. Normally, Ridgid and Ryobi releases mean nothing for Milwaukee, they are run as independent companies. Ryobi and Ridgid have tools that I want that Milwaukee doesn't make. I hope Milwaukee does a X2 platform but I wouldn't get excited waiting for it. :(

It will be interesting to see. As much as was talked about at NPS16 on why Milwaukee didn't need a 2 battery platform, they would have to eat some crow to make that launch. That being said, I hope they do so they can offer some bigger draw tools (tablesaw, bigger OPE, etc).

• Like 1

I know people who have tried a dual battery Milwaukee Miter saw. It is coming. Unless they mistaken it for the single battery miter saw. We asked multiple times to make sure and they specifically said it was from Milwaukee and it had 2 batteries.

• Like 2

I'll be curious to see how it actually runs if they do use two batteries. My first question will be if it is going to run as a system? or if both batteries are going to run independently? Also, I would assume that there is going to be other "new" stuff coming out with the release in June. The next generation of miter saw might wait another year, in terms of their priority items... especially since Milwaukee, opposed to DeWalt, doesn't specialize in woodworking.

I just wish they'd add some of the Ridgid and Ryobi exclusive items.

Stuff like:

Ridgid:

Compressor

Orbital sander

Router

Belt sander

Ryobi:

Inflatior(If not a compressor).

Cooling cooler

Orbital Sander

Belt Sander

Glue Gun

"Workbench" LED light (The folding light)

Or new items:

Oscillating brushless fan

Brushless m18 Jigsaw