It official now 6/7/2017

Jronman

11 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

Even though I am no longer on any Milwaukee Platform, I feel compelled to put in my $.02

They need to seriously fix the size, weight and balance of most drills and impacts. Everyone else has done it, it's their turn.

Unified, interlocking storage would be awesome. Especially if they can find a good fit between a Tough Sytem and a Tstak.

Design a better M12 handle that doesn't point up, seriously, how did that seem like a good idea?
I don't think Milwaukee needs sub compact 18v, they have an amazing line of 12v, they just need better design and lighter weight. My 18v sub compact makita is way lighter than my old M12 Fuel impact!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious when you say they need to fix the size, weight, and balance on most drills and impacts are you talking m12 platform?  

Those are 20700, the Milwaukee ones are the same length; 70 mm but 1mm wider (21mm instead of 20mm). Doesn't sound like much but these should but be a definite improvement! 5% more width but 10% more volume to the cell if my math is correct lol. 

6 hours ago, The.Handyman said:

The way it sounded from Toolaholic, Milwaukee was skipping 20700 and going to 21700 but that wouldn't occur for another year or so.

Doesn't mean they couldn't have some made for the show to reveal.

We will see in 6hrs!

Well gives me a lot more time to make money to spend on whatever we see today lol. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bremon said:

Confirmation of biiig 21700 cells means all of a sudden can't wait to give Milwaukee more money lol. 

If the numbers that I saw for 21700s (4.75 Ah, 3.6v) are true, that means they can get 9 Ah with two rows of five cells instead of three. So it's possible for slightly smaller 9Ah batteries, which is an amazing feat. It's also something that wouldn't work with flexvolt (number of cells has to be divisible by three) so if I'm Milwaukee, I'm jumping on that, like, yesterday.

On the other hand, it also means 5/15 Ah flexvolt batteries are possible so there's that...

7 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Gen 2 high torque impact, one key and dumb key. 1400 ft lb. 

Giant radius light similar to Dewalt's wobble light. 

M12 stapler

That radius light had 2 battery slots... very interesting. I beat it drains 1 battery, then auto-switches and drains 2nd battery. I'd also bet that it charges at least 1 of them. Then the bigger question... what else might get 2 batteries??

M18 Fuel Mud Mixer. Looks like a futuristic take on your typical corded drill used on mud. Looks ergonomic. 

M12 Air Snake compressor for clearing clogs. 50 psi. 

M18 Fuel Hackzall ?

M18 Fuel 7.25" dual bevel mitre. 

MODULAR STORAGE SYSTEM ? Dropping cinder blocks on ToughSystem, obliterating the box. Bounces off the red version. Easy to use recessed latch; one touch connection like Systainer instead of plastic crap yellow latches. 

M18 Fuel drum cleaner

M12 Fuel ratchets ? 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2"

gen 2 M12 Fuel drill and impact

carbide Big Hawgs that can handle "hundreds of nails"

m12 soldering gun

m18 heat gun

m12 power source v2, charges m12 via USB as well as powering other devices via USB. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Daniel Julian said:

That radius light had 2 battery slots... very interesting. I beat it drains 1 battery, then auto-switches and drains 2nd battery. I'd also bet that it charges at least 1 of them. Then the bigger question... what else might get 2 batteries??

9000 lumen, sequential charging. You're a smart man. 

• Like 1

M18 Fuel Mud Mixer. Looks like a futuristic take on your typical corded drill used on mud. Looks ergonomic. 

M12 Air Snake compressor for clearing clogs. 50 psi. 

M18 Fuel Hackzall [emoji7]

M18 Fuel 7.25" dual bevel mitre. 

MODULAR STORAGE SYSTEM [emoji7] Dropping cinder blocks on ToughSystem, obliterating the box. Bounces off the red version. Easy to use recessed latch; one touch connection like Systainer instead of plastic crap yellow latches. 

M18 Fuel drum cleaner

M12 Fuel ratchets [emoji7] 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2"

gen 2 M12 Fuel drill and impact

carbide Big Hawgs that can handle "hundreds of nails"

m12 soldering gun

m18 heat gun

m12 power source v2, charges m12 via USB as well as powering other devices via USB. 

I was not impressed with them dropping the cinder block on the ToughSystem storage case. The case they used was the cheap case made to meet a budget. It didn't have the extra lid webbing and pressure release valve.

I would like to see the Ridgid Pro Tool box tested as well.

The new Milwaukee storage does look nice and I define see a lot of potential for growth. But, are they too late to the game? It will all depend on pricing. DeWalt's 2 solutions have been out and proven with minimal issues. What has an issue DeWalt replaces.

FlexVolt has nothing to fear so far!
  • Like 2

I agree with you @The.Handyman, the DS130 is not meant for that abuse; I carry lightweight stuff in mine, while impacts and sockets, Sawzalls, etc are in a DS150 which should be notably tougher. They are  2 years too late for me as I already have hundreds of dollars of ToughSystem but for a small setup I may be tempted to grab a few boxes and a tote; I love that compatibility. Also love the versatility of so many sizes vs standard width of other systems. 

Im anticipating them being priced in the Systainer range if RedStick is anything to go off of lol. 

• Like 1

I agree with you [mention=51398]The.Handyman[/mention], the DS130 is not meant for that abuse; I carry lightweight stuff in mine, while impacts and sockets, Sawzalls, etc are in a DS150 which should be notably tougher. They are  2 years too late for me as I already have hundreds of dollars of ToughSystem but for a small setup I may be tempted to grab a few boxes and a tote; I love that compatibility. Also love the versatility of so many sizes vs standard width of other systems. 

Im anticipating them being priced in the Systainer range if RedStick is anything to go off of lol. 

I agree. They look great but just too late to the game for most.

I bet they will be pricy.
  • Like 1