It official now 6/7/2017

Jronman

26 minutes ago, M1Deuce said:

Any idea when Milwaukee usually releases the specs and dates they go on sale?

Influencers on Instagram will revisit all the stuff they've seen in further posts over the next while and generally are good about giving specs and dates (quarters at least lol). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, khariV said:

Any timeframe on the storage boxes?

supposedly September

I like how there are half width boxes. Would be cool to see a half width box that fits all your 1/4 drivers/bits 

Anyone else notice the seemingly lack of 9.0 hd stuff? Most of the stuff I watched used 5.0s. It didn't seem like there were any battery advancements or HD tool advancements. I'm surprised and yet not surprised at the same time. You would think they would want to redo their take on HD tools and provide a glimpse of something at NPS17 considering Flexvolt and X2 are in a league of their own. You could also look at it they realized their take on HD tools was not as good as Flexvolt and X2 and showing something off at NPS17 would be rushing the replacement and may not be as good as if they took their time to get it right.

That stapler though. I really could've used it today. It was insulation day today. It sure looked compact bout as small as an air stapler I use. I'm curious what the other guys will provide for staplers. Kinda hard to make something that compact with a slide pack. 

Anyone see an m18x2 miter? Seemed a bit surprising that one wasn't announced considering a couple guys at work supposedly tried one. Maybe it wasn't ready and may be at an event later this year or NPS 2018? 

Yeah, really seemed to me that they don't have the tech this year or don't want to invest the resources to properly take on FlexVolt and expand market share and they instead decided to absolutely hammer down on their core trades, which isn't a terrible strategy. You don't want to go out on a limb for conquest customers and leave yourself open to bleeding your core market.

Things I'll be buying before NPS18:

gen2 Fuel high torque impact wrench

carbide Big Hawgs

M18 Fuel Hackzall

M12 Fuel ratchets

Maybe pile is gen2 M12 Fuel combo, M18 Fuel 7.25" mitre, M18 heat gun, M12 soldering iron, and M12 stapler. 

@Jronman think how many of the current mitres they have in the retail distribution channel. A year to sell more of them rather than admitting they stumbled is likely up their alley. I was shocked to see no expansion of OPE. Next year will likely be 21700 cell battery blowout with X2 tools out the wazoo. 

I like Milwaukee storage cases...I like the "click" seem nice...bullshit test as you guys have said.....if I'm Milwaukee I'm dropping a block on Dewalts toughest case to compare.......

......Red stick over Stabila....No

......new vacuum? Looks nice

......compare to Flexvolt ..No

..... didn't see OPE ...I was wrong

.....new rocket ship light...No and No to Dewalts ....

.....One Key...keep it..keep tool connect too

.....Didn't see 2 battery tools ? (except the rocket ship)

Did I miss anything Revolutionary?? ....it's a nice show,

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cr8ondt said:

Took a quick spin through Twitter and looked like the big news was the M12 stapler.... Milton would be so "excited" for a red stapler like that!

the stapler and modular storage were best announcements in my opinion. Most of the other stuff just seemed like upgrades.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

Doesn't the hackzall vibrate like the Dewalt compact recip...?

When I bought my hackzall the first cut vibrated like crazy. I was a bit disappointed but it worked so oh well...then I bought Diablo Carbide blades for my Sawzall, I started using them in the Hackzall and it didn't vibrate excessively anymore. I ended up buying the Fuel hackzall and that is great as well. Point is, buy good blades.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Any info on the m18 gen2 high torque impact wrench? Are the Size and weight any different than the gen 1?  Is the 1400ft/lbs a nut busting vs the gen 1 1100ft/lbs?

1000 fastening, 1400 nutbusting. Haven't seen info on size and weight but I'd imagine same ballpark.