Best starter 20v light?

Jronman

I'm looking into getting a cordless handheld light. I currently only have DeWALT and EGO batteries. EGO doesn't offer any lights or seem practical so what would be the best DeWALT 20v option for a starter light? I might as well get the giant monster of a tool connect area light. It fits in tight spaces and is really light haha we were only kidding. I was thinking of waiting for the June event to pass just incase we get a new addition to the DeWALT light lineup. I've heard mixed reviews on the dcl043 spot light but it does have good brightness and the dcl050 handheld area light seems like a decent option. I'm kinda surprised no one at work has a cordless light. Our Milwaukee guy doesn't even have any. 

Forget the rocket ship by Dewalt....if you need a light Now either one you mentioned are very good...I have all the lights Dewalt makes except the rocket ship....depends on use I guess...you need a area light or spot light.? Even the small compact ones are real good..............if I'm building decks late,I use the spot light set back and it lights up the back of the house,works well......the area light is great in the shop.........wish Dewalt had many more options like other companies......

maybe be wait till June like you said....unless these inside guys on here know something 

That small 20v one adapter from the 12v with the clip and swivel head seems the most versatile. Seems like the only light from yellow I'd care to own. Hopefully they expand the lineup, Milwaukee has an awesome lineup and all of my lights are M12/M18. 

I have the lil DeWalt flashlight, it's cool and handy but can't really use it to get much work done.  Resently got the Ryobi hybrid work light and man that thing is nice, by far the best cost to proformance ratio in the cordless light world.

Got an M12 LED lantern, great bit of kit. 

Ryobi has lots of interesting new lights about to be released, all work off of the One+ system and some are hybrid. 

I need decent cordless lights with good runtimes, sparks spend a lot of time either installing lighting or repairing lighting. 

8 hours ago, Framer joe said:

@Tug...besides the 3 lights tethered to a base ?  Got any pics of those Ryobi new lights ?

No, sorry. It was one of their live vids on youtube, they've improved some of the existing line-up, but also added some new lights including the string you mentioned. Some of them look quite impressive, the updated lantern looks far brighter than the old model. 

I am liking the looks of the Rigid lights.  I don't want to start another battery platform, but I don't think I want to wait for June.  Because, lets face it, at the end of June it will be, "Wait til fall."  I feel like DeWalt is always saying just wait, its coming.

Remember the 20v brad nailer?  They kept saying wait a little longer.  The last update was wait til May.  Guess what, no brad nailer.  It's coming soon though.  At least that's what their website says.  I don't think I want to wait for DeWalt to play catch up with the lights.

Who knows, if I get the Rigid batteries and lights, maybe I'll look at the fan.  Sure would be nice.  They also have a small radio.  I don't mind a radio, but I don't want to pack a huge radio in the truck.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm not jumping off the train yet, but I will probably be investing in another battery platform.  Then I'll find something I just have to have, from another battery platform.

• Like 1