Where's all the tool hype for June ?

Framer joe

By this time last year I was out of my mind with excitement over the ..Worlds First event by Dewalt......do I have my time frame mixed up? Did I miss a new topic ? Tools in action guys have said nothing......I can't find any news about New tools......No one on here has said anything to watch for........

Where is all the media , where's the hype ?? Or I'm I just new to this forum and last year was a fluke event.....I mean I was literally BLOWN AWAY last year.....trying to find every video outlet I could watch....I couldn't even work.....

Where's the BEEF ?   (gotta be older to know that expression)

• Like 1

I'm sure you've been on the forum for a while @Bremon so your probably used to different levels of excitement for tool shows ....but just joining in November with that ...."worlds first " being my first event ....it would be very disappointing if the same level of excitement and tools revealed didn't happen....I've only been cordless since 20v max came out......I always carried a generator.....never got into 18v Ryobi or any brand ,, just not powerful enough then....

I hope it's a kick ass reveal of cordless tools....because nobody I know wants Stanley BD anything...

I wasn't even excited for Dewalt's "world's first" event because their events and releases had been so uninspired for so long. FlexVolt changed all that lol. I have 4-5k in yellow tools purchased after that media event last year ? 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Bremon said:

I wasn't even excited for Dewalt's "world's first" event because their events and releases had been so uninspired for so long. FlexVolt changed all that lol. I have 4-5k in yellow tools purchased after that media event last year ? 

That's Canadian money so it roughly translates to what $500 US. Lolololol.... Just poking fun.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Framer joe said:

By this time last year I was out of my mind with excitement over the ..Worlds First event by Dewalt......do I have my time frame mixed up? Did I miss a new topic ? Tools in action guys have said nothing......I can't find any news about New tools......No one on here has said anything to watch for........

Where is all the media , where's the hype ?? Or I'm I just new to this forum and last year was a fluke event.....I mean I was literally BLOWN AWAY last year.....trying to find every video outlet I could watch....I couldn't even work.....

Where's the BEEF ?   (gotta be older to know that expression)

I get it "BLOWN AWAY" haha cause they released a Flexvolt blower haha. 

6 hours ago, Bremon said:

This year is a Stanley focused event I believe. And yes, there's a bit of info about the concrete nailer floating around, but it's apparently a decent ways out yet. Glad Dewalt is so committed to their nailer lineup though. 

Largest lineup of cordless nailers seems like. Hard to complain with that except when other tools are becoming needing of an update/long in the tooth. 

SAN FRANCISCO, CA (May 31, 2017) – DEWALT announces the new age of jobsite connectivity with its unprecedented effort to make building more efficient through digital solutions. Over the coming months, DEWALT will launch a fully connected system, including WiFi mesh network and, later, an Internet of Things platform, to enhance productivity, profitability, and safety on the jobsite.

From http://www.mynewsdesk.com/us/dewalt-usa/pressreleases/the-future-of-construction-from-dewalt-r-1994861

Wow is that a bad direction to head down......I know none of the builders will buy into that crap.....just give us tools ...lots of tools on the same platform....framers will not stop to program a tool,just give me ...more POWA.......R and D more tools.....

.........is that 890 just battery into steel and concrete or is a gun shell used like Hilti??

• Like 1