so any plans for a left blade 60v circular saw?

framer

The funny thing is people where I live were super happy that it was a right hand blade saw. Many cordless saws are left hand but almost everyone uses right hand corded saws where I live, mostly the makita 1800w mag saws . It shows how much of the left vs right hand thing is really just about what you are used to rather than one being better than the other

• Like 1

Zinzan...yup yup..definitely no difference in the tool...I have both left and right circ saws for certain cuts ...I'm righty and use blade right don't get the "left thing" but I'm all for options for all users............is there a drill right / left ? Lol

I dont like the rear handle style but I can do sidewider style blade left or right. not sure which I prefer but either way I use the saw with my left hand. I wonder if anyone would use a rear handle blade right saw? Maybe a blade left track saw? Not even sure if those are a thing.

Track saw makes no difference. You set the cut and don't need to see it. Blade right full size are cordless transition from most corded sidewinders. Blade left rear handle for people coming from worm drives. No real reason to introduce complexity like rear handle blade right in my eyes.  

When I use a saw, I want the vast majority of the base of the saw to stay on the "stable" board or piece of sheet goods, not on the cut off. That is why I like having both a left and right blade saw available. The Concord Carpenter does it both the "right" way and the "wrong" way in this video about the Makita rear handle saw. When he is cutting with the sidewinder he has most of the base on the solidly held piece, yet when he is demonstrating the Makita and just making a bunch of quick cuts he has the base hanging in the air and you can see the saw twist a couple of times. You know those cuts were a little crooked when that happened. Right now my 6 1/2" 18V saw with a left blade and the 7 1/4" Milwaukee Tilt-Lock saw with the blade on the right provide those options for  me. The two examples of when I would want both saws available is when you are building a deck with boards parallel to the siding on the house and want to make a final cut on the end. I am going to want to push the saw toward the house with most of the base on the deck, not on the cut off. The same thing goes if you are cutting the ends of a roof. I want to be pushing uphill with the saw's base on the roof. If the saw is on the cut off, you slip, it is hitting the ground. I can't think of a reason why I would want to be cutting downhill on a roof either. A slip then and instead of falling into the roof, gravity is going to kick your @$$ and off the roof you go.