Picked up some acid green today

Captain Obvious

Needed a 2nd weedeater and figured I'd go battery powered.  I like the things I've been hearing about Ryobi for a couple years so I picked this up http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-String-Trimmer-Edger-P2080/206451828

While we were at Home Depot I showed my wife their dustbuster and she liked that it could be used on the stairs leading out of the garage.  It will be easier to clean the workbenches with this thing (instead of dragging the shopvac over) and since I had the OK from Mrs. Obvious we made the purchase.   

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-ONE-EVERCHARGE-Hand-Vacuum-Kit-P714K/206594038

Everything seems pretty legit so far.  I remember the old blue Ryobi tools and wasn't really a fan but I like what I've seen today.

• Like 4

Welcome to the family. If it was me (since I am often the "get the best one" type) I would have taken the brushless one, not to say that yours isn't a solid choice or anything. I use Ryobi 40v for my OPE and that trimmer is great.

23 hours ago, Eric - TIA said:

Ryobi has changed since for the better since the old blue and yellow. I love Ego, but a huge fan of the Ryobi. Nice stuff and wont break the bank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been more and more tempted to jump on the Ryobi bandwagon.  My father-in-law has a blue drill and flashlight combo that he's had for close to fifteen years.  Those look absolutely archaic compared to modern Ryobi offerings.  Had I bought into Green last year instead of Yellow, I'd probably have everything Ryobi currently offers after spending much less than what I've spent on DeWalt goodies.  Oh well, it's not like my tools sit around the bulk of the time...(okay, they do). 

I've got my original "blue" tools, and those are tools that I used in an industrial maintenance setting for years. Never had any issues with Ryobi, never plan on having issues. I have more Ryobi in my garage than I think Ryobi themselves have, it's a great brand. I have my sights set on one of their mowers, but I have to kill my current mower first, which is proving to be a hard task to complete. Just keeps on plugging along...can't convince the wife to by a new mower until this one bites the dust.

On 6/10/2017 at 2:43 PM, comp56 said:

you guys..... with needing your wives permission ..................I can buy ANYTHING she wants

I don't need my wife's permission. It's not about permission, it's about sense and logic. I can't just go willy-nilly buying shit, I have bills to pay, food to buy, etc.. The wife keeps me from spending all of our money, simple as that. If it wasn't for her I'd be broke, surrounded by knives and tools.

Of course I was married once before, so I know how the whole begging and pleading thing goes too...

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, Framer joe said:

@kato not bad being surrounded by knifes and tools ...of course you can use the knife to hunt and the tools to build a shelter. when she kicks you out !    25 yrs married ,now divorced I bought too many tools,,lol. Just kidding...:)

This.  While many marriages don't last (my wife and I will probably divorce amicably after I retire), tools do.  They can help us make money, save money, and even strengthen or build relationships.  I'm sure more than a few guys (and gals, for that matter) got lucky after helping an attractive neighbor or friend of a friend with home or vehicle repairs.

• Like 1