I can't wait!

HiltiWpg

Chipping on a one-handed rotary hammer isn't a high priority for me. I have always said that the M12 Fuel rotary hammer is one of the best tools they make.

This seems like a logical step forward. Making it 18v means I still get to stay on one battery platform, and for that, I very grateful!
Makita was smart to develop a compact line of tools that can be configured for 18v or 12v. It really fills in a gap for guys who want compact without sacrificing power or changing battery platforms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

That looks nice but I'm suprised that more companies aren't following Dewalts footsteps with a piggyback dust extraction system. The backpack is quite cumbersome if you're just doing a few holes or using the tool spuratically IMO. 

maybe they were unable to get their full size 18v piggypack vac to work on the subcompact?

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

That looks nice but I'm suprised that more companies aren't following Dewalts footsteps with a piggyback dust extraction system. 

To be fair, Makita had their piggyback vacuum for the 18v SDS ( like DeWalt has ) for 5 years now. It's DeWalt and everyone else that copied Makita in this regard :P

On 6/10/2017 at 10:21 PM, kornomaniac said:

To be fair, Makita had their piggyback vacuum for the 18v SDS ( like DeWalt has ) for 5 years now. It's DeWalt and everyone else that copied Makita in this regard :P

DeWALT has had it for a few years as well. Not sure about 5 though.

• Like 1

Can't completely agree with you.  This is a sub 2 kg super compact SDS. Any added vacuum attachment would double the weight. Not to mention that in a 10.8 volt battery the extra drain from the vacuum will be more noticable in runtime compared to an 18v drill.

If you have to drill a series of holes that backpack vacuum which you don't even even notice on your back will  bother you less then having the added weight on that compact SDS.

If you need to drill 5 holes. Sure, then an add on extractor wouldn't be too bad.

But 50 holes, or on a ladder , or on some scaffolding I'd prefer the backpack.