Favorite NPS17 Announcement?

Jronman

3 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

Except the locking mechanism is a cleat style interlock. Those small rounded indents will easily hold mud and dirt. Hell, I have had 3 inches of mud stick to my veto, a smooth surface. Imagine what those new totes will be like with mud and dirt sticking to them!
One thing about my Tstaks I do like is that the bottom is fairly smooth and I don't need to worry about dragging excessive mud into the van!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The obvious answer is 'don't set your toolboxes down in 3" of mud and if you do, hose it off' :D

• Like 3

The obvious answer is 'don't set your toolboxes down in 3" of mud and if you do, hose it off' [emoji3]

I always keep a hose, pump and water tank in the van!
If I could choose where stuff blows up or needs to be installed, I would be a happy guy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 2

How come no one is talking about the job site cooler? :) I bring my lunch to work everyday and most soft sided callers do not last more than a few months before the straps start to pull out. It looks like the straps on the Milwaukee continue around the bag. 

483IIMilwaukeeCooler-1.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SetBuilder said:

How come no one is talking about the job site cooler? :) I bring my lunch to work everyday and most soft sided callers do not last more than a few months before the straps start to pull out. It looks like the straps on the Milwaukee continue around the bag.

The good hockey bags have straps that go all the way around the bag like that, anything else fails within a year or so.

• 3 weeks later...

I find it hard to pick just one...or three for that matter.

I would have to say the M12 Fuel ratchets. When they are released I will be buying one of each. I have the 3/8 one now & it is one of the handiest tools I have bought in a while.

The fuel version will be an bonus for more power & battery life.

3 hours ago, Race2win01 said:

I find it hard to pick just one...or three for that matter.

I would have to say the M12 Fuel ratchets. When they are released I will be buying one of each. I have the 3/8 one now & it is one of the handiest tools I have bought in a while.

The fuel version will be an bonus for more power & battery life.

Yeah, those ratchets are awesome. I'm with you, when they come out I see myself getting the 3/8" for sure and possibly the 1/4".

• Like 1

@SetBuilder that cooler looks reasonable but I use a 20 quart Pelican that lives in the backseat of my truck. I pop a 5lb freezer pack in it once or twice a week depending on weather and its paid for itself multiple times over. It's bulletproof, I eat healthier, and the freezer pack lasts ages. For the guys working on the top of a high rise I'm sure a soft cooler is nice but there's no way that thing will perform the way I would want it to (ie; optimize my laziness and survive a 40* truck cab for days at a time lol). 

2 hours ago, Bremon said:

@SetBuilder that cooler looks reasonable but I use a 20 quart Pelican that lives in the backseat of my truck. I pop a 5lb freezer pack in it once or twice a week depending on weather and its paid for itself multiple times over. It's bulletproof, I eat healthier, and the freezer pack lasts ages. For the guys working on the top of a high rise I'm sure a soft cooler is nice but there's no way that thing will perform the way I would want it to (ie; optimize my laziness and survive a 40* truck cab for days at a time lol). 

I need something more portable, the 20qt pelican weighs 16lbs empty. When I climbed and worked out of my truck I used a full sized cooler in the backseat.  But now I travel around to much, I just need a small soft sided cooler. Rtic has some nice softlsided coolers, that come with a 3 year warranty. I may look into them. https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coolers/softpak/RTIC-SoftPak-20-Grey

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BK13 said:

Pretty boring answer, but the M12 Fuel drill is the only thing I looked at and said, "hmm, I might need."

Thought I suspect I'll end up with a ratchet or two.

It's funny, because I have the 12v fuel drill and impact already.... yet I watched those videos online of the second generation coming out and my mind did the following: "more power, you need to get it". 

FB82

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bremon said:

More like less size and weight; need to have it. They could have identical power to the old ones and the diet still would be enough to have me excited lol. 

Touché, sir. Their videos in comparing the size and power were ridiculous. I'll be excited to get a set!

as impressive as the packout looks i still will take tough system over it for the simple reason if i need a box on the bottom i can pull it out without removing other boxes. i have the cart and i have van storage, its so convenient. only problem i have is broken plastic lock to box latches.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mohawkdec said:

if i need a box on the bottom i can pull it out without removing other boxes. 

I like this feature too. Would be nice to have some updates to bring the system up to par with Packout though. Stronger build and ability for half size would be quite handy for Tough System.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mohawkdec said:

as impressive as the packout looks i still will take tough system over it for the simple reason if i need a box on the bottom i can pull it out without removing other boxes. i have the cart and i have van storage, its so convenient. only problem i have is broken plastic lock to box latches.

Very valid point.... something that I didn't think about, to be honest. One of Milwaukee's videos said that they are still looking to design and add additional items to it... however, with their new system not sure how they would make it similar to DeWalts in that regard.

7 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

Very valid point.... something that I didn't think about, to be honest. One of Milwaukee's videos said that they are still looking to design and add additional items to it... however, with their new system not sure how they would make it similar to DeWalts in that regard.

could possibly have something slide through the metal bars or have something clamp to them?

@Jronman,

Yeah, I think that could be a possibility? I think the system looks great... as it should since they have been able to see what the yellow and black company has done for the last few years. I am sure they will come up with something to make it user friendly.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to the new M18 Fuel high torque w/one key.

Have the 2763 , but its only useful to break stubborn bolts with the two settings.

I hope the electronic measurements system combined with one key will give this tool ok precision on the torque.

Anybody seen some release info btw.?

And yes... the new brushless ratchets will enter the "tool shop" also :D 

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, jrs5565 said:

Figured the m12 stapler would of been released by now all these items shown seem to be late.

Not to be cynical, but when was the last time a tool company released (and actually had available in store) a new tool on time?    The new Bosch Colt was announced more than two years ago and is still showing up as a "pre-order" on acme.

• Like 1