Flexvolt Tracksaw Release date?

Jronman

Anyone heard of an official release date on the Flexvolt Tracksaw?

I heard maybe a week or 2 ago it was two weeks out. Which would put it this week or next week. I noticed that Murray from Krueger construction has gotten the tracksaw. I don't know if it was sent early as a review unit or if it is in stores. It may be out in Canada but according to Home Depot it has 3 listings: DCS520B, DCS520T1, and DCS520ST1. All are listed as "out of stock online" and "not avalable in stores". Someone said on Murray's post that they have the saw and another person said that September is the release date.

• 2 weeks later...

I might try ordering off amazon this time. I got a few other things I'd like to get from there as well.

@Bremon cpo, acme tools, and factory authorized outlet all come to mind. There may have been a few others. Those are the main ones I go to at least.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone put this up against the Festool equivalent yet out of interest?  I've had a quick scan on YouTube but didn't find anything.

I've been looking at the Festool for a while but I really want the FlexVolt table saw so if the DeWalt saw is any good it would make sense to stay on that platform for both tools.

@Rammstein2609 the wood whisperer has done a review on the corded model and compared it to his Festool track saw and the results were surprising. The cordless version appears to be very similar to the corded model. I thought I seen another comparison of the Europe model flexvolt track saw vs a Festool. Might be worth a watch.

7 minutes ago, FrosBros82 said:

With the technology that they have and the results of their previous Flexvolt tools, I would be highly surprised if it wasn't at least comparable. @Rammstein2609

The surprise was Marc felt the DeWALT corded track saw had better cut quality than his Festool. This was only on the keeper piece though. Festool he said had a better cut on the offcut piece.

Figured I could post a few pictures of the flex track saw t1 kit.

Heres inside the box without the saw. Not sure what the middle section between the battery and the charger is. Kinda looks like it could hold a second battery but when I try a second battery it does not fit. It is also not a spot for the motor housing because the motor is not in the shape of the opening nor does it sit low enough to be inside the opening. 

IMG_7474.thumb.jpeg.bde20bcab37472814f324472b844538a.jpeg

Heres the box with the saw inside. A bit snug but works well enough.

IMG_0886.thumb.jpeg.4092ad60ba66de2c0c029b02e76adae6.jpeg

here's a picture of the saw on the track set at an angle. Kinda interesting that part of the right half of the saw base tilts with the blade and stuff.  When cutting at an angle the saw tends to tilt out of the rail even with anti kickback enabled. Tilt out prevention like the Makita has would be nice.

IMG_0232.thumb.jpeg.0379f743be609929b977d5443bcd6cb8.jpeg

If you were wondering how big the saw is, here is my left hand to help give you an idea on size. I feel like it would be comfortable to use with either hand.

IMG_2824.thumb.jpeg.d15a2a9b5d16140c5ebce5e034e3a3a4.jpeg

Heres a look at the bottom. I found something interesting that isn't really talked about. I found 2 adjustment screws. Possibly used for calibrating the saw for 90? The white portion is the anti kickback mechanism. 

IMG_0431.JPG.thumb.jpeg.08a50f70f3bd143dc42f75a459823c7a.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Do the two knobs on the shoe adjust the friction from the saw onto the rail?

yeah alignment on rail. probably same function as your Festool or the new x2 Makita. also the third is to engage or disengage the anti kickback function.

not only does it have a riving knife it has spring function on the knife similar to your festool. Hopefully I will be able to use it soon. I did a dry run once I figured out how to get it to run and starting seemed smooth. Not sure if its a soft start or not. I feel it was well worth the price I paid for it. Only thing that I wish it had was an offcut splinter guard.

17 minutes ago, regopit said:

will it fit on the festool track if so  may have to take a look at it

I don't think it will Carroll. The track is totally different as is the base of the saw. Festool and Makita work together, Dewalt and Magellan don't though Magellan and Bosch do.

27 minutes ago, Jronman said:

not only does it have a riving knife it has spring function on the knife similar to your festool. Hopefully I will be able to use it soon. I did a dry run once I figured out how to get it to run and starting seemed smooth. Not sure if its a soft start or not. I feel it was well worth the price I paid for it. Only thing that I wish it had was an offcut splinter guard.

The splinter guard is an awesome feature and so is dust collection, can't wait to hear your thoughts on this bad boy.

1 hour ago, regopit said:

will it fit on the festool track if so  may have to take a look at it

1 hour ago, ChrisK said:

I don't think it will Carroll. The track is totally different as is the base of the saw. Festool and Makita work together, Dewalt and Magellan don't though Magellan and Bosch do.

Actually it supposedly does. It puzzles me how the corded version doesn't and this one supposedly does. I'll try to find where I seen it could work with Festool track.

• Thanks 1