Flexvolt Tracksaw Release date?

Jronman

@regopit @ChrisK Heres Proof the N.A. version works with Festool track. I also found out in Robs video that the base is magnesium. Rob said he would rather use Festool track with this saw over the DeWALT.

Another thing to note is the motor is the same motor as the 575 flex circular saw. I'm guessing it will be no slouch when it comes to power. Also supposedly 90% dust collect when connected to a vac.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jronman said:

@regopit @ChrisK Heres Proof the N.A. version works with Festool track. I also found out in Robs video that the base is magnesium. Rob said he would rather use Festool track with this saw over the DeWALT.

Another thing to note is the motor is the same motor as the 575 flex circular saw. I'm guessing it will be no slouch when it comes to power. Also supposedly 90% dust collect when connected to a vac.

It won't be a slouch dude, I've got the 575, the thing is awesome.

15 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

I'm liking the Festool track saw my boss bought ,just very weird using it because I've never used one in thirty plus years.....they do cut nice

DeWALT's would feel different again because it is more a push action instead of a pivot action so it would feel a bit different when using it vs say a Festool or Makita.

On 7/23/2017 at 2:57 PM, Framer joe said:

Ya I see the Dewalts levers forward ,not like a plunge cut....the whole idea is weird to me ,we use a short track for cutting framing but it is not even close for speed but superior in cut quality

I have one of the corded saws and they really excel at long straight cuts when you want them. Do you want cut off the bottom of a door or even the side to fit in an opening? It's a perfect cut if your measuring skills are up to the task. Once you have made the first cut with it the rubber strip shows you exactly where the cut is. 

• Like 1

I hear ya @Grumpy MSG it is a beautiful straight cut, just never used one ,ever, till recently....actually it's @ChrisKand others that convinced me to get the boss to get a track saw...he got Festool.....it's still just very different for me to use ...very strange feel in my hand vers my  reg  circ saw ( flex or corded) .......been using a circ saw everyday for over 30 yrs ,,...im like the guy carving a bear out of a log with a chainsaw....but with a circ saw...just feels natural, like an extension of my arm...

.....but I am trying to use it everyday,to get better at it......

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I almost picked one of these up when CPO tools had a 10% off sale.

Unfortunately, they charge $50 extra for shipping the track.

If anyone is considering buying one, you might buy the tool from Acme or CPO, but buy the track from Home Depot online- they offer free shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk