Upcoming event.

Jronman

So I have heard multiple people say there is a DeWALT event coming up. I have heard it is in July but the most recent rumor is August according to kreuger construction. Anyone know the official date? What you guys think will be there or want to see?

I'm expecting tool connect will take a large portion of the event with demos and whatnot but I could also see new flexvolt stuff and possibly new dust collection. A fan, wheel cart, and rear handle saw are rumored. 

3 hours ago, JakeDewalt said:

A fan doesn't get me excited.

Now a Flexvolt 120v HEPA would 

A fan gets me excited, my red one is pretty crappy; ridgid and I believe Ryobi both have more CFM for less cash. 

ToolConnect will waste a big chunk of the time I'm sure, but I'm sure we will see the next round of FlexVolt; 10" mitres, 10" hybrid table saw, etc. I'd suspect. I'm sure we will see more hands-on demo of the 20v nailers, etc.

Maybe we will get a glimpse of 4.0/12.0 batteries even. I just bought a router so I'd bet money on seeing cordless routers there just to ensure I don't have their latest ?. 

• Like 3

Man a 4/12 battery would be perfect, did you hear of one ? A 10"cordless/ corded  mitre is what I'm waiting for...cordless trim router, 5" orbital sander, ..I'll retire my Ryobi fan if Dewalt  makes one better...........love to see upgraded dcd791 and dcf877,,smaller,lighter more POWA........

....I did see new tool carts (2) kinds on Dewalt.com......

...   Gen 2 tough system ...?? 

...    I knows guys want 10" table saw hybrid , but I love my 8 1/4" ...

... Cordless compressor,? Little bigger then rigid..?? 

I'll be down for the fan and the rear handle circular, 20v or 60v I wouldn't mind pulling the trigger to upgrade for that at all. I want to see them make a serious effort on lights as well. 

I've heard rumors that Dewalt is developing a backpack vac system. 

I have serious doubts that Dewalt will launch a 12ah flex battery this quickly. I'd put money against it actually given the history with 20v. Took like 2 years to go from 3ah to 4ah IIRC. 

15 minutes ago, Jronman said:

a 4/12 flexvolt would make the 3/9 flexvolt look small. haha.

They'd use the same cells. Same way everyone's 18650 packs went from 3.0 to 4.0 to 5.0 to 6.0 (in some cases) without bulking up. I haven't heard of these coming down the pipe but I know OEMs are pushing forward with higher mAh as always. 

@Framer joe the 8.25" table saw does well by me, I could take or leave a beast size 10". I don't suspect we will see upgrades to the 791/991, or 887, the tool connect versions seem the same. Hopefully I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Framer joe said:

Man a 4/12 battery would be perfect, did you hear of one ? A 10"cordless/ corded  mitre is what I'm waiting for...cordless trim router, 5" orbital sander, ..I'll retire my Ryobi fan if Dewalt  makes one better...........love to see upgraded dcd791 and dcf877,,smaller,lighter more POWA........

....I did see new tool carts (2) kinds on Dewalt.com......

...   Gen 2 tough system ...?? 

...    I knows guys want 10" table saw hybrid , but I love my 8 1/4" ...

... Cordless compressor,? Little bigger then rigid..?? 

How much more power do you really want in an impact driver?  I guess its nice to have if you ever need it but I already find myself turning my impact drivers down to setting 2 haha.

@BiggieI use a lot of Timber locks,Truss locks and Ledger locks....I hate bringing  out the big impact wrench ,, some more power would sink em no problem without beating up the impact......plus would love a smaller size and length.,with more powa.....or an impulse? If that's more powerful , I know it's quieter.....

14 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

@BiggieI use a lot of Timber locks,Truss locks and Ledger locks....I hate bringing  out the big impact wrench ,, some more power would sink em no problem without beating up the impact......plus would love a smaller size and length.,with more powa.....or an impulse? If that's more powerful , I know it's quieter.....

Framer joe, I saw the perfect cell phone for you: 

• Like 3

The bigger the fastener the worse impulse is @Framer joe, more for 3" wood screws and smaller. Maybe they could change the anvil design like the hitachi triple hammer though? I really don't know. I'm always turning other guys impacts down to #2 at work like @Biggie said, if some of the guys leave it on speed 3 the screws get sunk halfway through the 2x ? 

My 887 is almost always on #3, though I've got a LOT of hours on mine and know it pretty well, I wouldn't mind a faster, stronger, quieter version, doesn't necessarily need to be smaller (wouldn't hurt my feelings if it was) but I'm quite content with it and don't see a grand need for the BT model.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bremon said:

They'd use the same cells. Same way everyone's 18650 packs went from 3.0 to 4.0 to 5.0 to 6.0 (in some cases) without bulking up. I haven't heard of these coming down the pipe but I know OEMs are pushing forward with higher mAh as always. 

wait a sec. how does the same sized cell combined with the same amount of cells equal higher amp hours?

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

The bigger the fastener the worse impulse is @Framer joe, more for 3" wood screws and smaller. Maybe they could change the anvil design like the hitachi triple hammer though? I really don't know. I'm always turning other guys impacts down to #2 at work like @Biggie said, if some of the guys leave it on speed 3 the screws get sunk halfway through the 2x ? 

I have broken plenty of torx framing screws in mode 3. I leave mine on mode 2. Mode 1 just isn't enough for work at least. 

@Jronman the OEMs (Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Sony) optimize the batteries to get more mAh in the same size batteries. Using M18 XC packs as an example, they changed from 1500 mAh, to 2000mAh cells (hence the 4.0), then 2500mAh for 5.0 and now 3000mAh for 6.0 (another row of cells for the 9.0). That form factor is maxed out now, whereas 3000 mAh 20700 cells in the Core/ XR 20v Max/ 3.0/9.0 FlexVolt/ LiHD are basically first gen cells. What the original 1500mAh cells in M18 XC were. They'll be able to increase to 4000mAh, maybe 5000mAh in the same size cell, meaning we can get 12.0 or 15.0 batteries eventually in the same size battery pack as the FlexVolt 3.0/9.0, 8.0 or 10.0 Core and XR20v Max packs ?

• Like 2

Funny shit @Grumpy MSG...laughed my ass offffff........funny I had a .."star tac" in the late 90's...i believe is was the smallest lightest phone in the world....google that..I think,,,it was a long time ago........so I guess my quest for smallest lightest most powerful goes way back..........I'm still laughing ?????

6 hours ago, Framer joe said:

We use these all the time different sizes 4"- 6"...they replace lag bolts...much easier and faster.....the 887 works fine just hoping for something better...without going up to a impact wrench ....

IMG_0432.JPG

Same here, use em quite often.  887 zips em in quick, so ya, again I'm content with the 887 but faster stronger quieter wouldn't hurt my feelings, but still it's fine the way it is.

Guys using mode 2, why bother, just get an 886 it's in mode 2 permanently... Lol

• Like 1

NPS17 was reasonable for plumbers, electricians etc. To an extent trim guys as well. It was mostly upgrades to things that were long in the tooth. No response to FlexVolt. I expect the Dewalt event to impress me more than NPS17 (and NPS17 impressed me slightly more than I expected it to).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

NPS17 was reasonable for plumbers, electricians etc. To an extent trim guys as well. It was mostly upgrades to things that were long in the tooth. No response to FlexVolt. I expect the Dewalt event to impress me more than NPS17 (and NPS17 impressed me slightly more than I expected it to).

This was my exact feeling about NPS17. I did love seeing that stapler though.

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

Was the DCCS620 previously known about? It's news to me. 12" compact 20v Max brushless chainsaw. *shrug*

Never heard of it. Only thing I could find was the product page from Wiseline tools in Aylmer, ON so it's out there, but barely.