Split mini Systems

regopit

There's a ton of manufacturers for split systems, the reason that Mitsubishi is so popular is because they keep their parts and systems very much the same for years and have good warranties, but you pay out the ass for that and the name. They're a bit like John Deere in that regard, you don't always get what you pay for in the long run but many also swear by the brand. YMMV.  

The top of the list for this category for me is Mitsubishi, LG, Pioneer, Fridrick, and Fujitsu. 

If appearance is a concern, there's no other choice but LG, they make the most attractive systems IMO and many agree. 

• Like 1

I have also been looking. I have a couple of questions perhaps the crowd can answer.

I am looking at a multi-split system. Why do some of the systems add up to more than the total BTU and others match it. Example: 32k btu pump will come with three 12k btu units. Why is the total value of the units greater than the pump rating? Does this effect their ability to all run at once? Is there a benefit to get a pump that matches the total of all it's units?